~Forty Eight~

Dedicated to MzzHikmah01 please check out her book, Operation Falling, you'll love it. 

Major announcement. My very good friend farex33 is now on wattpad and he has an ongoing short story that you're so going to love. Please go over to his profile and check out his shirt story titled '7 days.' Thank You 😍

                             ~Uthman~

When the driver drove in, I saw our extended families coming out of the main house.

My first reaction was panic because seeing them like that reminded me of when mom died.

I calmed down immediately afterwards, believing nothing tragic had happened. I got down on from the car and took them in, one by one. They were mostly from my dad's family and then mom's too. They must have just finished one of the numerous meetings.

They've done so many meetings and it has yielded no positive result. They might as well end the marriage. Completely.

Are you really sure about that? Can you really live without mom and Moji? What about your dad? Think of how lonely he would become.

He has always been lonely and that was a choice he made himself. We wouldn't be here if not for him in the first place.

I still resent him lowkey.

Even though he has been nothing short of amazing to me these days. If only he could be that amazing to mom and Moji.

'Ekaasan Sir. E kaasan Ma'

I greeted all of them together, prostating flat.

Oshey. Omo kaaro, O Ji re.

I laughed at my subconscious as I slowly stood up.

'Aah aah. Booda Uthman, okunrin ma ti de' (You're now a man)

I smiled at an Uncle's words and stretched to my tallest height.

Ode ni e. (you're a fool)

'Oko olómoge, Àwon àuntí nko? (A slang for asking for someone's supposed girlfriends)

'Wón wà sir' (They're fine sir)

I replied and they all burst into laughter.

'E se jéjé oo' (Be careful oo)

I nodded as they all began to take their leave. I turned to go inside and I saw mom coming out of the house. I took in her appearance.

She looked chubbier, happier than when she was here.

This must be the signs that their marriage deserves to end. She's happier out there than in here.

'How're you? Your dad told me of your jamb result. Congratulations. I'm so proud of you. I couldn't stop telling people at work about the fact that my son scored......'

Work? But she wasn't working na.

'My brother......'

I heard Moji's voice and I looked at the direction where it came from. True, it was my sister running down the stairs.

She was running so fast and wild that I barely managed to knee to her height before she enveloped me in a hug.

In the tightest hug ever.