This Isn't A Shouting Match

"I don't care Luke, she can't just pick up and leave when she feels like it!" Jocelyn Garroway shouted before Clary and Jace rounded the corner of the main enterance.

"I understand that Jocelyn but she isn't a little girl anymore." Luke Garroway answered calmly.

"She'll always be my little girl though! No matter how old she is!" Jocelyn shouted again.

"Hi mom." Clary smiled nervously as herself and Jace rounded the corner.

"Don't 'hi mom' me Clarissa Fray." Jocelyn answered.

"Well what do you want me to say?" Clary asked.

"I want you to tell me where you've been for the past week!" Jocelyn shouted. Luke placed his hand on her upper arm.

"I've been here." Clary answered.

"No call! No text! It's not as if you have to send carry peigons now! It's quite simple to tell me where you are!"

"I understand that but I'm not a little girl anymore! I'm 18 years old not 3!" Clary shouted her anger rising.

"I couldn't care less! What if you were dead? Would I know where you are then?" Jocelyn asked.

"No you wouldn't." Clary mumbled.

"I don't care whether you want to spend time with him!" Jocelyn shouted pointing at Jace. "We're you're mother and father; we come first!"

"That's where you're wrong though mom because Luke isn't my dad!" Clary shouted back immediately regretting what she had just said seeing the pained expression of Jocelyn's and Luke's faces.

"Clarissa Fray, you apologize right this minute." Jocelyn said sternly.

"It's fine Clary at the end of the day it's true." Luke sadly smiled.

"My dad," Clary said turning back to look at Jocelyn. "My dad was the most evil Shadowhunter alive along with my brother when he wasn't himself and that's the truth and I wouldn't have it any other way because by the angel, I wouldn't be the same person if they weren't related to me!"

"I don't care who your dad was, he wasn't there as a good role model!"

"I've never had a good role model in my life mom everyone I loved lied to me whether it was a small lie or a big one; they all lied and that'll never change because at the end of the day my mundane life was a lie because I was never a mundane!" Clary shouted back her anger rising as Jocelyn insulted the man she once loved and the son that she'd never known.

"You've always been a mundane Clary and always will be! I don't understand why you continue to live in this petty world of fantasy when you know where you should be living!" Jocelyn shouted.

"Because it isn't a petty world of fantasy! You use to live in this world; did you think it was petty? No I didn't think so! But I'll tell you something; I'd rather live in this world than the stupid world of your reality because this isn't petty; it's my reality!" Clary shouted as tears brimmed in her eyes.

"I don't care what you're reality is; you're coming home with us and getting a proper job and you can forget all about this!"

"Mrs Garroway, in all fairness I don't think Clary will ever be able to forget this world because it's just something you can't forget. Once you're in there's no way of getting out." Jace offered.

"Mr Herondale, you've been lovely to my daughter for the past two months but sadly it's time she needs to be more practical about her life." Jocelyn answered.

"There was and never will be anything practical about this life we lead as Shadowhunters; it's dangerous and reckless but I think I speak on behalf of Clary but I think she'd rather live a dangerous and reckless life rather than a practical and boring one." Jace said.

"Mr Herondale, I'm leaving with my daughter and that's final." Jocelyn said sternly.

"Do I not get a say in this?" Clary asked.

"No, you don't." Jocelyn said.

"But I don't understand...I didn't do anything wrong and....what's going on?" Clary asked as she began to shake.

"Clary, what's wrong?" Jace asked standing in between her and Jocelyn.

"I don't....I don't k-know." Clary stuttered.

"Miss Fray, Mr Herondale oh and if you would Mr and Mrs Garroway, we're ready to talk to you again." Jem said as he turned the corner.

"Wait, something's wrong with Clary." Jace answered not taking his eyes off of Clary.

"What's wrong Miss Fray?" Jem asked as he came over to where Jace, Clary, Jocelyn and Luke were standing.

"I don't...I don't know." Clary whispered as she continued to shake. Then something happened that she'd never thought would.

The elevator doors opened and out came the boy she'd been waiting to see for months. Green eyes. Blonde hair. Coming out of the elevator and walking towards her was the brother who she still loved. Jonathan Morgenstern walked towards Clary smiling like he was the happiest person alive or maybe not.

Then everything went black again as Clary hit the cold hard floor listening to her mothers screams.