≪43≫

"What?" his father was the one to speak up first. All his smile was gone, and so was of my parents. 

"Aya, what is the meaning of this?" Dad looked betrayed and angry at the same time. 

"It is my mistake," Haruya san said before I could reply anything to him. "I had heard a conversation of you, talking to someone that you had a marriage fixed with your son with Nakanishimatsu family. Well, I didn't know that was about Akito," he started and gulped. 

"And then what?" his father's voice intimidated me so much, my heart was racing even more faster if that was even possible. 

"I was already dating but I had not told anyone, so I used her name," he started. 

"What!?" All three adults in the room chanted. 

"If you were already dating, what was the point of using her name? Why couldn't you just tell about your girlfriend instead!?" His father was already very much angry about the situation, I couldn't even imagine what would happen if he tells it was not a girlfriend. 

"Because I was not able to," as I thought, he was hesitant to state the truth. "And you, knowing about this, why were you taking his side? For what?" Dad turned to me. "I met him at the party, that on the end of the Golden Week. He had already spread out that he was dating me, so I just decided to go along with that," I gulped and explain while getting their stern looks all at once. 

Never in my life, I felt so scared and guilty and every bad emotions at once. 

"It is really not her fault," Haruya said quickly before anyone would reply to that. "I couldn't tell whom I really was dating because..." I could see him sweating in nervousness. 

"Because of what!?" his dad was being more and more impatient and angry each second, scaring the crap out of me. 

"Because I'm not dating a girl!" He exclaimed out, jolting up from the seat, gaining few seconds of complete silence in return. "What!?" Finally his father blurted out while jolting up from the seat as well. My parents stood up silently, but they both looked lost and confused. As everyone else stood up from the seat, I thought it was better to follow them so stood up as well. 

I kept gulping in fear, and my eyes widened at the sight of his father's slap, making him stumble. I gasped and shot my hand to mouth. 

"Aya, let's go," Dad said silently, taking me in surprise. "But dad..." I couldn't say any further as his angry eyes settled on me. Mom took my hand and followed after dad. Just when we reached the door, a waitress walked in with a bowl full of raw meats for Sukiyaki. She stood by the door, about to say something and halted in her position, looking at all of us in confusion. 

"I'm sorry but cancel everything," dad said while walking out of the door. Mom dragged me along with her, out of the door. 

I didn't know why, but I felt heavy lump in my throat and couldn't stop my tears from falling on the way back home. I didn't understand why I was crying, but I felt guilty for let this happening. 

"Aya, you don't have to feel guilty on this," mom said cupping my face once we were home and dad went to his study. We sat on living room sofa and I let all my tears out. "I... I didn't want it to turn out... out like this," my voice hitched and she caressed my face gently. "It's okay, Aya. You were just dragged in this. You didn't do anything wrong. Besides, you were trying to help him even though he used your name. You did your best," she said and hugged me. This time, she didn't mind ruining the Kimono. It was tight and warm hug.