thirty-seven !

( thirty—seven ! )

— 5 year time skip—

"CAN YOU REMIND ME WHY I WANTED TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN?" Blair asked her husband as they were waiting for the nurse to get to their house.

"Because you love children and me?" Xander said I sure of his answer. As another contraction hit Blair looked at him and muttered "I'm still debating that."

There came a knock on the door as Xander left to go and get it. There he saw his father and mother "oh thank god. Can you get the twins out of here?" Xander whispered "Blair is having a hard time with this one" he explained.

"Is she alright?" Carlisle asked as Xander looked at his dad. "I'm not too sure" he said as he left to go and get the twins.

Carlisle made his way to Blair and Xander's bedroom. He smiled at his daughter-in-law. "How are you?" Carlisle asked her as she gave him a tight smile "I want this baby out of me!" she told him "the midwife should be here soon" she told him.

"Thank you for checking up on me" she told him as another contraction hit. "XANDER CULLEN GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!" she yelled as he husband made his way to their bedroom.

"Yes, darling?" he asked.

"Where is the midwife?" Blair asked as Xander looked at her. "I'm not too sure" Xander told her "I can call her?" he said unsure as his father nodded his head.

"I'll stay here" Carlisle said "I have delivered a baby before" Blair smiled "you better go and tell Esme" she said.

"I really hate you Xander" Xander have her a small smile "you won't be saying that in a couple of hours."

————

It was around eight in the morning whenever the new Cullen baby was born. His soft cries filled the little cottage as Blair smiled.

"He's beautiful" she told her husband who kissed her forehead "you did so well" he told her as he was beside her.

"I did, didn't I?" Blair joked as Xander sat there with his mouth open. Blair shut his jaw and kissed him "you'll catch flies" she told him.

"What should we name him?"

"Ji-sung" Xander said as Blair smiled "I like that" she said softly "maybe for the English name.....Elijah?" she asked as Xander nodded his head "Klaus and Kol won't be too happy" Blair shook her head "I can name my children whatever I like" she told him.

"How are the twins?" Blair asked as Xander smiled "they want to come home and meet their baby brother" he told her.

"Well let me take a shower and then they can come home" she told him and passed little Eli to his father who put him in a basset.

Blair tried to get up but she fell back into the bed with pain. "Come on, dove" Xander said as he held her arms and got her up.

He swiftly moved her into the bathroom and undressed her "I can take a shower by myself" she told him as Xander laughed "you would never have gotten in here without me" Xander told her and Blair smiled.

"I love you" she told him as she kissed him.

"I love you as well" he said.

————-

"Mama, why is he so small?" Arielle Cullen asked her mother as she peered into the bassinet. "he's just a baby. Babies tend to be small whenever they are born and they will always need their older brothers and sisters to look after them. Can you do that for me?" Blair asked her daughter who nodded her head.

"When can he play?" Kai Cullen asked as Xander smiled at his son. "Not for another year or so" Xander told him.

"You can play with Gabriel and Isiah until Elijah is old enough" Xander told him and that satisfied the five year old.

The twins kept looking at their brother. "We will protect him mama!" Elle said as Blair smiled "I'm sure that you will" she told her daughter.

Eli then started to cry and that scared the twins. Blair then took out Eli who wanted fed. Blair took a blanket and then started to feed the little Cullen.

"Mama, what are you doing?" Elle asked as she sat beside her mother. "I'm feeding your younger brother" Blair told her as she looked at Xander.

"Who wanted lunch?" Xander asked as the twins smiled and nodded their heads. "Me! Me!" they both chimes in as they raced out of the bedroom to the kitchen.

"I'll bring you in some lunch as well, dove" he told her. "You better ring your family" he said "mine will be here before dinner" Blair nodded her head and got her laptop out.

She logged into Skype and started to ring the number. Eli was finished with his feeding and Blair started to burp him.

"Please don't be too loud" Blair thought to herself as they screen changed. She saw Klaus, Elijah, Kol and Rebekah on the screen.

"Hi" Blair said as she brought Eli into her arms again. "This is Elijah" she said as she brought him closer. Rebekah cooed at the little boy as Kol and Klaus told her that it should've been one of their names.

"Kol, Klaus, please stop fighting" Blair said as the two looked at her. "Sorry" they told her as Elijah looked at his nephew.

"He's adorable, Blair" Elijah told her "and I like his name" Blair smiled "we can call him Eli for short, so thst we don't get mixed up."

"Ohhh he's so cute!" Rebekah told her "I think that he's even cuter than his brother" she whispered as Kai came into view, he walked over to his mother and sat down beside her.

"I'm cute!" he got up to stomp his little foot as Blair laughed and kissed his cheek. She then looked at her sister, "now there's going to be a rivalry" Rebekah smiled "remember whenever we were kids?" she asked as Blair nodded her head and smiled "we used to fight all the time" Blair laughed "remember we fought over flowers?"

The two girls laughed as Xander called for Kai. "We are going to grandma's!" Arielle told her mother as she ran into her arms.

"Sweetheart you have to be careful with Eli, alright?" Elle nodded her head. "How's my favourite niece?" Klaus asked as she giggled "I'm your only niece!" she said as she walked away saying "silly uncle Klaus" Blair smiled.

"Hey, dove. Mom wanted the twins to come over so that we could catch up on some sleep" Blair looked at him and then her siblings. "I have to go!" She waved them goodbye and she down her laptop.

"Seriously?" she asked excitedly "yeah, I'll put Eli down" he told her and kissed her head.

Blair climbed back into bed wondering how she got so lucky with her life.

————-

—authors note—

Thank you all so much for 100K. Like wow, I never thought that I would get here. You are all amazing! Stay safe and healthy durning these times!

— __thealpha__