Chapter Eight: Making New Friends

"Ahhhhhh!" You hear as you fall to the ground.  It's the girl named Lavender Brown.  The one that has slightly bushy hair.  She hopes off of you and helps you up. 

"Hi!!!" She says very enthusiastically, "My name is Lavender Brown and I'm very excited to meet you two!"

"I'm Hermione Granger." Hermione says as they shake hands.

"I'm (y/n)-"

"I know who you are!" Lavender cuts in.  You have a sheepish look on your face when she says this.  You aren't used to being very popular and this is a big change for you.

"Well, then I don't really need to introduce myself." You giggle saying this.  You yawn and stretch and decide to get ready for bed.  Once everyone else is asleep, you, Lavender, and Hermione start talking. 

"Sooooooo, seen any cute boys yet?" Lavender whispers.  You instantly blush and even in the shadowy candle light she can see it.  Hermione giggles and Lavender leans in, waiting to hear the tea. 

"Well, there is this one boy, but it's not like he'd ever like me.  He has the whole school to choose from." You say.  Instantly they both know who it is. 

"Harry?!" They both whisper yell.  You shush them and you all giggle.  You roll your eyes and realize that it's only been about 6 hours, but you're starting to miss Clair.  All these thoughts go away when Hermione says, "What about Ron?"

You and Lavender laugh so hard that some of the other girls wake up and shush you.  You wait until they have fallen back asleep before you say, "Ron?"

"I wouldn't date him in a million years!" Lavender says. [;)]

"I just thought he was cute.  I never said he was nice.  He seems rude." Hermione says with an eye roll.  You all nod to that.

"His brothers are kinda cute, though!" Lavender says.

"Gred and Forge?" You ask, to throw her off.  It works, as she looks at you with a confused face and you laugh.  After a long conversation about what Bertie Botts Every Flavored Beans flavor is best, you all say goodnight and go to sleep.

You can't go to sleep just yet, though.  You think about how much your life has changed in just a matter of weeks.  Then you think about earlier that night.  You play the memory of getting called into Gryffindor and going to sit down at the table and kissing Harry on the cheek over and over again in your head.  As you are thinking about it more, you remember how he blushed when you kissed him.  'Maybe there is a chance that he likes me after all.' you think.  Then you remember Draco Malfoy. 

'I should talk to him next time I get a chance.' You think.  After that thought, you drift into a peaceful sleep that brings dreams of floating in the night sky and chocolate frogs.

_____________________________________________

Eek!  I did it y'all! I wrote another Chapter! I know that it is a short one, but I wanted to just get it done.  Thank you to GeckoAJ for helping me remember to write, otherwise it would've been a long time.  Remember to stay home and stay healthy!