XVIII.

"So, we got two venues

"So, we got two venues. One for the show and one for the after-party. Iris, you getting this down mama?" Killa licked his lips and looked up at me, watching me write the information down.

"Yup," I raised my eyebrows and rolled my eyes, I ain't have shit else to do but write down everything he said. And as big as his head is he should remember.

I didn't hate my job but it was starting to get boring and I don't even know what other position I could apply for. I figured by now I could be a stay at home wife with two kids but that's nowhere up my ally. Killa enjoyed having me as an assistant but I wanted more.

But it's fine, I get a easy job so I'm just gone shut up and jot these notes down. I felt Sean staring a whole in me but I didn't budge, I just kept scribbling in my notepad hoping he'd look away.

"Um, Killa," I whispered to him, scratched my head, and scrunched my brows together. "I need to step out, my throats dry,"

"I got water bottles over there," he said pointing to a mini-fridge across the room.

Of course, you fucking do.

"No, I need to get some fresh air. I'll only be a minute," I breathed out, feeling my chest begin to beat and bang like an African drum.

I don't know why Sean kept looking at me but I was getting uncomfortable. I left the conference room and took a long stroll down the hallway, stopping at the cafe.

I didn't even know what the fuck I was grabbing but I needed to look like I was doing something.

"I see you been ignoring my texts, what's up witchu," I heard Sean's voice from behind me.

"Why you gotta do this? I don't owe you nothing so why you bugging?" I scoffed and turned to face him.

My eyes just so happen to roll like dice.

"Shit, you ain't have to leave a nigga on read though G. That's mad disrespectful and I thought we was coolin' but aight," he chuckled deeply making me press my lips together and widen my eyes.

"You don't pay my phone bill, stop tryna check me like I'm yo' bitch. You being mad weird," I shook my head and regretted every second I spent with him.

"Oh, word? so it's like that?" He sucked his teeth and nodded his head.

"Nigga, it's been like that. And don't pop up on me like you lost your damn mind. You don't know me like that so I suggest you back back before I--,"

"Before you what? You gone rat on me to yo' lil boyfriend? I ain't scared of him or whoever you thought you was," he pressed his body up against mine.

"Okay, first of all back the fuck up off me," I said pressing my hand against his chest and pushing him away from me. "The fuck is wrong witchu,"

"You right," he nodded his head and licked his lips, backing away from me. A sly smirk appearing on his face as he trailed off, making my face turn up.

Something about him was really off. I couldn't wait to tell Kilante after this meeting was over. Let's see how long he keeps his job.

I grabbed a bagel and some cream cheese, trying to really calm myself down. Who the fuck did this nigga think he is? He so lucky I ain't, nevermind I can't fight but my knee was headed straight for the nutsack.

He had me more than fucked up, making threats like my nigga won't light him and his family up. Let me calm down, I was getting too tight off this and he was getting under my skin.

After multiple deep breaths and a bite from my bagel I felt the need to get back to my job. I was so mad and I don't know where these impulses were coming from.

I was getting an urge to cuss Sean out in front of everybody but I had to keep telling myself it wasn't worth it.

"Iris, don't go in here with no attitude. Keep it together, keep it cool," I spoke to myself in a low tone and put on my best poker face.

I stepped into the room and everybody was getting up, Kilante was pushing in his seat. We had been in here for a good three hours so I'm glad it was coming to an end.

"You good?" Killa called, making me look up at him.

"Yeah," I shook my head and proceeded to nod. "I'm good, can I talk to you about something,"

"Ye--,"

"Aye, I got some new designs for the showcase. You mind if I show 'em to you. I got a few errands to run but I wanted you to look over them," Sean butted in of course, making my eyes roll to the back of my head.

"Nope," I scoffed and grabbed onto Killa's arm and pulled him toward me. "Bae,"

I spoke in a low tone and he was willing to give me all his attention. "Wassup?"

"Cristiano is coming, I'm sure you need yo best designer on all the fits but that's up to you," Sean licked his lips and smirked, looking over to me.

"I'll look over it, just email me what you got," Killa glanced over to him and put his attention back on me. "I'll see you tomorrow,"

That was his way of dismissing Sean and luckily he got the hint. I made sure he was all the way out of the view before I spoke to Killa.

"What's going on," he said grabbing my ass with both hands and pulling me closer to him. "What you had to talk to me about?"

He bent his head down, placing small kisses on my neck.

"Sean, he's a problem," I said squirming around, Killa backed me into the round table keeping his lips on me.

"Mhm," he hummed.

"Kilante," I said in a more assertive tone. "You not even listening to me,"

"You ain't saying nothing mama. And I know he's a problem, that's why he's working for me. I keep my enemies close, he won't be an issue for too long," he pulled away and look at me with his dark brown eyes, they always softened up when he looked at me. "You ready to go home?"

"Yeah, I guess," I sighed and twisted my lips around.

"And I'll talk to him, cause if he making you feel uncomfortable I'll gone head and take care of that." He said grabbing my waist and pulling me into his chest.

-

okay. i come to the conclusion that I don't wanna leave y'all hanging and with me being so in love with this book and fire and desire I'm gonna try my best to keep working on them.

and y'all support imani's books, anything she uploads support it! this is her account so atleast give her a chance!

anyways, lmk what y'all think gone happen next and ima try to write longer chapters for this book but bear with me.

Y'all go subscribe to divine brujita, i'm almost to 1K subscribers! So show me love and if you got a channel I'll shout you out

Love you guys