Chapter 52 Recovering

Third pov

The next time Marinette opened her eyes she had to close them again. It was way to bright.

"Shit, sorry."

The light turned off and a smaller one one the only table in the room turned on.

Jason sat back down on the chair he had been occupying, shaking his head when she tried to open her mouth. "Don't. You have a fractured jaw."

Marinette just closed her mouth again. She figured the fractured jaw came from the hit to her face. She moved her head slowly to look around.

A hospital room with two beds, two chairs and a tv on the wall.

Damian laid fast asleep on the other bed looking a bit worse for wear.

Marinette couldn't help looking at her.

He's alive.

He's actually alive.

"Joker got him, thankfully just locked him in a freezer with a few others. I guess he wanted two places we needed to look for so it would become more difficult." Jay said quietly. He didn't want to wake Damian (even if Baby bat had been sleeping with the lights on.).

"Ho-" Marinette was cut off by a weak cough. Her throat didn't agree with her talking.

Jason gave her a weak glare. "Don't try to talk. I can get you a pen and paper. But don't talk. I'm serious."

Marinette reached for his hand and squeezed it. There wasn't much strenght in it, but she wasn't exactly in the best shape either.

Jason swallowed. "It took us six hours to find you and Damian, then you spent five hours in surgery." He told her.

The teen felt herself start to slip under again.

**************************************************************

"How's Marinette doing?" Luka asked.

He and Adrien were FaceTimeing.

"Physically, not good. Mentally? I have no idea. She wasn't awake when we visited." Adrien took a bite of a sandwich (Alfred insisted). "I haven't watched the end of the recordings of what happened yet. I- I'm not sure I can."

Luka hummed. "Could you send them to me and Kagami? And maybe you can watch it with the others." He suggested.

Adrien hesitated. He didn't like the thought of watching his best friend being beaten up. But- at the same time, he feels like he owes it to her to at least look. "Maybe... I'll send them to you later. It's the middle of night here, Alfred said that we could stay in the Wayne manor for the moment."

"Who's Alfred?" Luka asked.

"He's their butler officially. But honestly he's more like a grandfather. He's really nice and never passes up an opportunity to feed people. Kinda like Mrs Cheng." Adrien explained.

Both of them chuckled as they remembered meeting their teammates mom for the first time. They were far from hungry when they left.

"She's a force of nature." Luka smiled. "Anyways, you need to get some sleep. Tomorrow, if you and Chloe want to tell Nino everything then you have my support."

Adrien felt a little lighter when they hung up and he went to bed.

***************************************************************

Barbara Gordon knows what it feels like to have your whole life ripped from you.

To go from being able to do anything to being stuck in a wheelchair.