Chapter 26

When I reached close to the end, I pulled the breaks and came to a stop. I hung there for a few seconds and then Tobias said to loosen the harness so he and Tris could catch me. Then everyone else started to come down, and we caught them all one by one. Surprisingly, it went a lot quicker than I thought it would. We're already heading back to Dauntless headquarters 30 minutes after we arrived. I remember that everyone should still be awake by now, and are all hanging out somewhere. We all walk through the doors, and I feel a new power in my step. I just zip-lined off the tallest building in the city. Wow. I see everyone by the stairs near the chasm, sitting on the steps. I go over to join them and say "Hey".

"That was a quick meeting/hangout," Jake says

"Ya, we just caught up and she had to go somewhere so," I say sitting down on a step. "What are you guys doing?" I ask.

"Nothing much," Liam says "We couldn't decide on what to do. We're just talking"

"Ok," I say

I notice that Katherine and Jonathan are sitting close now. Like he has her arms around her close. He's sitting one step above her and has his arms wrapped around her shoulder, while she leans into him. The guys keep talking and I look over at Katherine, waiting for her to look back. When she finally does, I raise my eyebrows at her and glance at Jonathan. She just smiles and nods a little. I smile back, and nod, saying I'm happy for her. Then I notice Jake is looking at us with a confused look on his face.

"Did you guys just have an entire conversation with your eyes?" He asks. We nod and he says "how is that even possible?". I start laughing and then Uriah and Tobias walk over to us.

"Hey," Uriah says with a grin on his face.

"Hey," I say smiling back

"We were gonna play a game of Candor or Dauntless at Zeke's place in 10 minutes. You guys wanna come?" Uriah asks, motioning to my friends, and Dean.

"What's Candor or Dauntless?" I ask.

"You'll find out. It's fun trust me" Uriah says

I furrow my eyebrows, "You sure I can trust you, Uriah?"

"Oh please," He says rolling his eyes, and then smiling.

"Ok, we'll be there," I say

"How do you know them? Four especially" Dean asks

"My friend's friends remember?" I say. He doesn't look satisfied with the answer but goes along with it anyways. "You guys do wanna come, right?" I ask. 10 minutes later we meet Tobias, Uriah, and everyone else by the pit and we all head to his apartment, laughing on the way. I notice that Lauren and Shauna have joined us a little while after. When we get to Zeke's apartment, we all sit down on the floor in a circle. Zeke gets a flask from the fridge and sits down

"Ok so," Zeke starts to explain "Someone will choose a person, and that person will have to pick Candor or Dauntless, and complete either a truth or a dare. If you don't wanna do either you have to remove an article of clothing. Shoes and socks don't count. Suddenly I realize I'm not wearing any extra layers. I put my jacket in the Dorms right after we came back from zip-lining.

"Sound easy enough?" Zeke asks. We all nod and he says "Ok, I'll go first. Uriah, Candor or Dauntless"

"Dauntless," Uriah says.

"Ok, go to the Initiate Dorms and scream at everyone to wake up because they're 20 minutes late for training," Zeke says. By now all the initiates, besides us, are sleeping to wake up on time for training tomorrow.

We all walk over to the Initiate dormitory, standing outside the door, while Uriah does his best impersonation of Eric and yells "YOUR 20 MINUTES LATE GET OUT OF BED!". Immediately all the initiates wake up and start scavenging around until they see Uriah and groan. They all fall right back into bed and we leave laughing. I do feel a little bad for them though, I would punch someone if they woke me up like that. Just..not Eric. We all go back to the apartment and continue the game even though it's pretty late by now. Everyone's names get called by the time it gets to me, most of them were having to kiss each other, admit something, yell at someone, etc. Then it's Dean's turn and he calls on me. Great, the person I hate the most has to call on me.

"Rose," Dean says. I give him a sarcastic smile and he continues "Candor or Dauntless?"

"Dauntless," I say, hoping I don't have to eat something gross.

"I dare you to tell us your real full name," Dean says. I look down and Tris and Tobias's smiles drop. Erudite released the article about how Marcus Eaton abused his kids, making them choose Dauntless out of necessity. Everyone already knows about it, and now they'll know that we're those kids. I'm glad that my friends don't know Tobias and I are siblings, but he does.

"Aw, what happened stiff? It can't be that bad can it?" Dean says mocking me

"Rosemary," I say, hoping he'll forget about the last name.

"The last name too," Dean says smirking

"Rosemary Eaton," I say. At that moment everyone's smiles drop. Now they feel pity for me, exactly what I didn't want to happen. My friends look at me sadly, and Tobias's friends look at both of us with pity, except Tris of course.

"Wait a minute. You're Marcus Eaton's kid?" Dean asks.

I nod and Tobias looks down, not wanting to face the stares of his friends. "I think I'm gonna go now. It's late" I say. I get up and walk quickly out the door so no one can follow me. I make it to the dorms where everyone is already sleeping and crawl into bed. I hope that I can fall asleep before everyone gets back but I don't. About 20 minutes later I hear someone walk in, so I act like I'm asleep. I'm guessing they wanted to give me some time to fall asleep so I don't have to explain anything when they come in. Someone walks over to where I'm sleeping and crouches next to my bed.

"I'm so sorry Rose" He whispers, and I realize it's Uriah. He rubs my back a little then get's up to leave. Then all the initiates walk in, and I still can't fall asleep by then. I feel someone else walk up next to me and act like I'm asleep, just like with Uriah. They also crouch down next to me, and whisper "I'm sorry". Jake gets up slightly and kisses my head. "You're strong Rose," He says. He walks over to his bed and falls asleep. I find myself smiling afterward. 

Authors Note: Hey guys! What did ya think? I got the idea of including a game of Candor and Dauntless by AishaAimen and I hope it turned out ok. Thanks so much for reading, please make sure to comment, vote and share! Love you guys!😋♥

-Violet