thirty-one

hannah and sarah were peering over kie's shoulder trying to make sense of the poor illustration in her hands.

"he said it's going to look something like this," kie said. "that's 50 feet down, and they're using a 100 foot rope. so i guess this little wagon will go... straight into the gold room?"

sarah chuckled. "who drew this?"

"who do you think?" kie giggled, turning to make eye contact with pope.

"kie, this better work," jj walked over and dropped the gold at the girls' feet. "we can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it."

kie picked up the blowtorch. "it's gonna work."

"remind me why i'm not doing the welding again?" hannah asked.

"because i've got more experience."

"not true. i used a blowtorch on jj's lighter."

jj's head snapped to the girl. "wait, what?"

hannah nodded. "yeah. i needed to melt it down a little so i could engrave it."

the blonde smiled at the memory of the gift. hannah had wanted to get him a genuine gift, rather than stealing one like she usually did. instead, she'd swiped his lighter off of him when he hadn't been paying attention and engraved his name into it. he'd panicked about its disappearance for days, but when she returned it to him with the engraving, 'jj', in its side, it made the whole experience worth it.

"doesn't matter," kie shrugged. "i'm the one with the blow torch."

"fine," hannah huffed and moved off to the side to sit between jj's legs as the group watched kiara melt down the gold.

jj pulled her hair to the side to place a tender kiss on her shoulder causing a shiver to run up the brunette's spine. the blonde smirked against her skin, lightly sucking on the exposed region, causing a small groan to escape her lips. he wanted to put his mark on her to let everyone know she was his, and his alone.

"can y'all not fuck in front of me?" pope sputtered, making hannah blush and hide her face in jj's shirt.

...

"hell of a job melting it down, dr. frankenstein," jj quipped as the group exited the bus.

hannah cringed looking at the botched form of the gold.

"like you could've done any better," kie snapped.

"i could've." the brunette waved her hand, reminding the group of her presence.

"hey!" john b interjected. "chill out, okay?"

jj rolled his eyes. "easy for you to say. you two aren't the ones who have to pawn this piece of shit off."

"how did we get this job anyway?" hannah crossed her arms indignantly.

pope followed the two inside. "because you guys are the best liars."

"liars or thieves?" hannah cocked a brow as she pushed her way into the store.

"afternoon, ma'am," jj politely greeted.

"afternoon."

the blonde nodded to the sign. "i see you buy gold."

"that's what the sign say, don't it?"

"well, i sure hope you buy a lot of it, because i'm about to blow your mind."

"i ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it."