144 ~ the healing return

Lisa was half listening to her manager as they road side by side in the back of the slate black suv

Lisa was half listening to her manager as they road side by side in the back of the slate black suv. Her eyes on her phone as she smiled. Marking the beginning of her vacation for tomorrow, and the end of it two weeks from then.

Her heart thumping contently at the knowledge she'd be home soon, and within her lovers arms. Able to apologize for being away for so long, and for not being there for her when her girlfriend needed her most.

"Lisa."

She whipped her head up at the sound of her name. Focusing her attention on her manager, as she placed her phone faced down in her lap and hummed.

"I said, you'll keep your phone on you at all times right?" He questioned. "Or, were you not listening to a word I said?"

"I, uh.... I was." She grinned. "It's just, remind me again why I have to when I'm on a set vacation?"

He eyed her with a sigh. "So you weren't paying any attention..." Her manager rolled his eyes, before smiling. A shake of his head and hair as he repeated. "The label needs you to be available for anything that may come up."

"But I'm on vacation?"

"Yes Lisa. I know, they know." He reassured her. "It's just so they can inform you of any schedule change after your return. Or re directions for it." He stated. "So just keep it on and near okay?"

"You got it." She smiled. Bowing her head to him, for her eyes to then focus on their surroundings. Her heart flipping in her chest as they rounded the last corner, and approached the house where several days ago, her baby had been left crying in.

Chaeyoung missing her and missing meals. Something Lisa couldn't stand, and would be sure to make up for while enjoying her time at home. And Roseanne wouldn't impose on the it, as she was currently laid up against Ami's side, awaiting Lisa's return seated on the living room couch.

Marco and Momma Ami talking about some tv show they've been into recently, while she was too busy playing with the ends of her top. The Mother and Father in-laws to be trying their best to include the blonde, whose roots darkened and grew in length each passing day. But no matter what they tried, she always seemed half listening.

Not half caring, even if it seemed that way. And unable to be blamed given the current situation. But Chae was definitely putting forth less energy. Sinking further down into the couch cushions like Chaeyoung's sinking heart. Ami noticing it as the young woman dipped away from her side.

Glancing from Marco to her in time to catch Rosie with an arm, and pull the blonde back to her. Booping her nose with the pad of her finger, making the Australian smile. "Don't go trying to slip away from me now." The Thai woman whispered. "Lisa will be home soon."

"I wasn't meaning to." Chaeyoung replied quietly.

"I know sweetie." Ami leaned against the larger girl. About to offer some new form of encouragement, when the three of them heard car doors shutting outside. The echoing of the slams making their eyes widen as they stared towards the door. Wondering if it could possibly be the missing piece of their family, and not just the neighbors.