Part 31: A perfect moment

If I know you guys right, you've been patiently awaiting this moment! I'm sorry it took so long, but I'm done making you suffer! Enjoy!
————————————————————————

Y/N POV
I wake up and see the sun painting the sky red. I jump out of bed... or as jumpy as you can be at like 4 in the morning. I quietly walk down the stairs and grab a bread to go. I eat the bread as I walk over to Hiccups house. I knock and Hiccup opens the door with a tired smile. I smile back as Hiccup hands me the suit. I nod and walk back home to change.

I finish eating the bread in the silence of my own home. A loud snore comes from upstairs. Well... except for that. I write a paper and put it on the table for mom and dad... and Snotlout. Just so they, you know... don't send out a search party for me. I look down at the suit beside me. I grab it and hold it up. I feel the material of d/n's scales and I can't help but shiver a little. I then look at the gloves. They're the same. I sigh and walk upstairs to finally change into the strange suit.

When I'm finally changed, I hear a low knock on the door. I sneak downstairs to not wake anyone and open the door. On the other side stands, unsurprisingly at this point, Eret. He gives me a tired grin. I smile back and we walk towards the cliffs to meet Hiccup. A couple of meters away from the house, we finally dare to speak quietly.
-I didn't say it, but you look good in that suit, Eret says. I smile up at him and notice that both of our faces are tainted pink. I giggle.
-Thank you Eret. Honestly, it feels kind of odd, I say and touch the scales on my arm. Eret chuckles and we both look up at the sky. It's beginning to turn orange.
-You know... I never thought I'd share a moment like this with someone else, Eret says as d/n spots me from their stable and flies above us.
-Awe, Eret, you're making me blush, I say sheepishly and playfully nudge Eret on the shoulder.
-Thank you, I then say. Eret smiles lovingly at me and I notice that we got to our destination. Hiccup still looks newly awake as he stands beside Toothless. D/n lands next to them and greets Toothless.

-Promise that you'll be safe, Eret says and I look up at him. He looks... afraid.
-Eret, I'm going to be ok, I say and put a hand on his bicep. He looks down at me.
-I can't help but to worry since the test, he says.
-Awe, Eret... I'm gonna be fine. Hiccup will make sure nothing bad happens, I say.  Eret sighs.
-I know... I just wish I could come with you, to make sure that nothing happens, Eret says and blushes. Toothless roars impatiently at us.
I look back at Eret.
-I'm gonna be fine, I promise! I say and start walking over to d/n.
Eret grabs my hand and squeezes it a little, before letting me go. I blush and walk to d/n. I hop on and Hiccup does the same.
-You ready to go? He asks and I look over at Eret.
-Just... wait a minute, I say and make d/n walk over to Eret. Eret looks surprised at me.

-I'm sorry, I-..... I cut myself off and look down at Eret. I swing my leg over the saddle so I now sit front facing Eret.
-It's gonna be ok. I'm not going to be gone forever, I say and smile. Eret smiles back.
-I know... I just worry about you, Eret says and walks closer to d/n. His face is just a couple of centimeters away from mine.
-I know... It's just gonna be for the day, I say and put a hand on Erets cheek. The sun casts a golden hue onto his features, and I can't help but stare at his entrancing gaze.
-You promise? He asks.
-I promise, I smile.
-Are you coming!? Hiccup asks. I look over at him angrily.
-I'm a minute! I say and look back at Eret.

-Just, Don't stay up waiting for me, I say and wink jokingly.
-I promise, Eret says and grins. Another kind of glow radiates from his face as he smiles.
-Be safe..... Eret says and puts a hand on my knee.
-I will... I say. Eret's face glows a warm orange as he leans closer to me. I look at his eyes. Then at his lips, and back up to his eyes. He leans in and captures my lips in a kiss. I close my eyes as I steady myself on d/n's saddle and hold onto Eret, in case I fall. I feel Eret's hand leave my knee and place itself onto my waist. I could feel the sparks between us as they flew off of us... or maybe it was the suns first rays hitting my skin... I wouldn't know. This is how it should be. No disturbances, no distractions... this is the perfect moment to share with someone you love...
Eret tilts his head and it pushes me upwards. I guess he could feel me slip of the saddle. I miss his soft lips as they leave mine and I open my eyes again. Eret, looking as entranced as I felt, opens his eyes and looks into mine. He slowly stand back on the ground. He reaches up to my face and tucks away a stray piece of hair from my eyes.
I promise you, if anyone could see us from afar, we'd look like two tomatoes. I look towards Hiccup and Toothless, as Toothless growls impatiently. I then look back towards Eret.
-I have to go... I say breathlessly.
-I know... Be safe out there, Eret says as I swing my leg back over the saddle and grab the front of my saddle. I smile.
-I promise I will, I say. Eret grabs my hand again and squeezes it before letting me go again. He backs away as I lift up into the air.
I begin flying out to the big gates and I hear Toothless and Hiccup following me.
I look over my shoulder and see Eret waving us off on the cliff. My face heats up and I look back as Hiccup guides me to out location.