- 0 1 - LORELEI

LORELEI CALYPSO WAS A MISCHIEVOUS FISH JUST LIKE HER MOTHER

LORELEI CALYPSO WAS A MISCHIEVOUS FISH JUST LIKE HER MOTHER. She thrived with adventure and finding new things about the life around her. Amatheia tried to reel her daughter in, but she too found the adventure thrilling.

After Amatheia was found impregnated by none other than that wizard, she was banished from her home as her parents did not want the abomination involved with their lives. Amatheia found solace in her new home near Ottery St. Catchpole. There would always be merfolk who thought she had done wrong, but she would love her child no matter what it may be: witch or mermaid.

She found help from an odd pair of wizards. Xenophilius and Pandora Lovegood had a pond that connected to the seas nearby. When Amatheia was close to giving birth, Pandora found her in pain near the edges. Amatheia owed a lot of the Lovegoods.

Pandora helped raise the child until the child was three. Amatheia stayed on land for these three years, occasionally taking dips in the water so she didn't die. This age was the time the child would know if she was a mermaid or not. Amatheia already knew the child was a witch because of a tantrum she had. She had broken Xenophilus' vase.

Luna was born shortly after, so Amatheia knew once Lorelei sprouted a tail on a full moon that her time of using the Lovegoods as crutches was over.

Pandora smiled at the two mermaids and said, "If you wanted, she could come to a magic school one day."

Amatheia was hesitant on answering, so she just thanked the couple profusely and dived into the water with her baby.

Lorelei was nearing eleven now, and the pair still swam in the waters near Ottery St. Catchpole. Amatheia had found friends, and Lorelei was well-taken care of. Everything seemed perfect besides the ache in her heart when she looked at her daughter.

Her daughter had his unruly dark hair, which showed right away that she was not a full-blooded mermaid. She was still, of course, naturally beautiful. Her eyes took after Amatheia, so she really was the perfect blend of the wizard and Amatheia.

Lorelei knew she was different. She knew of her wizard father; though, she didn't know who he was. She was able to make things move underwater at her command, or make herself do things that seemed crazy for a mermaid. She, unlike her mother, had no friends.

They all were told by their parents that she was an abomination.

Lorelei didn't mind much. She had her pet crab who couldn't speak but she seemed to understand what he was saying. She named him Brizo.

Lorelei, as said before, was an adventurous mermaid. She enjoyed going into random ponds and streams that were near her sea. Her mother told her of the Lovegoods, which she hadn't met before. Amatheia was saddened by the news of Pandora dying to an experiment gone wrong. Lorelei wanted to meet the people who took care of her and give them her condolences. She wished she could have met Pandora.

When Lorelei thought she had made it to the Lovegood's residence, she was mistaken. The home she saw from afar was a bit lopsided. It was rather large like it held a large family. She could see children running around proving that theory right away. Lorelei knew she should leave, but another trait she received from her mother was not listening to the conscience in her head.

She only allowed her eyes to peak up from the pond as she watched the mother of the group try to round up all of the children. Giggling a bit, she watched two boys who looked practically identical running away from an older man. They all had red hair.

The twins made their way closer to the pond without Lorelei noticing how close they were. Her eyes widened when one of the twin's eyes locked onto hers. Panicking, she quickly dived under the water back toward her sea. She would visit the Lovegood's another day.

Lorelei felt like an idiot. She can't just pop up at random people's houses.

It didn't stop her from doing it again, however.

She made herself more concealed by the water and spent most days watching the happy family. If she had that many siblings, she wouldn't mind not having any friends. Her favorite was the boy she learned to be Charlie. He was into dangerous animals and doing dangerous things with the twins.

It had been weeks since she first started watching the family like a creep. She couldn't help it. She felt the happiness they felt just by being near them. She longed for this happiness. Lorelei was watching the twins play a game with a little girl when she felt something tug on her tail making her eyes widen and look down.

Brizo gave her a stern look.

"Oh, don't be a codfish, Brizo. I'm just observing," Lorelei said with a teasing grin. She picked up the crab and placed him on her shoulder. "See them? If I heard correctly, they are the Weasley family. Those two I can't tell apart. One is Fred and the other is George. Ginerva is the tiny girl. Don't they look happy, Briz?"

She looked over at her crab but he gave her a stern look once more. He even crossed his arms like an impatient mother.

"You look like my grandma when you do that. Ugly thing, isn't she?" Lorelei snorted when Brizo's eyes widened and he hopped off her shoulder back into the water. Lorelei rolled her eyes and followed. "Oh, Briz. I didn't mean you're ugly."

The crab only swam away pettily.

She rolled her eyes and reached the surface again hoping to see the twins and the girl still playing. What she didn't realize was that the twins were sitting by the pond and one locked eyes with her again.

"Oh, Neptune," Lorelei muttered and was about to take off again.

"Wait!" one of the twins called. The other looked up like the boy was crazy, but when his eyes met hers as well, he smirked.

"Wicked."