Chapter 24: The Pit I'm Digging For Myself.

Chapter 24:
The Pit I'm Digging For Myself.

It has been one week and two days since I've last seen both Tristan and Colton. I have been avoiding both of them like they're the plague and Tristan seems to be doing the same to me. Whenever we're in the same vicinity, we exchange no words and we become strangely too busy to even stare at the other.

Colton, on the other hand, has made few attempts to talk to me but I just ignored him and moved on with my life. Sure, Colton doesn't deserve my cold shoulder especially regarding the fact that I was the one who kissed him and not the other way around, but talking to him would bring back the memory of kissing you know who as well.

So, to busy myself, I've decided to expand my social life by conversing and hanging out with people existing out of Tristan's friendship circle. I recently noticed that all my friends connect me to the bogeyman — quite a late discovery on my side — and so when Eloise asked if we could hang out more often, I instantly agreed.

I wouldn't necessarily say that we are friends already, more like acquaintances still getting to know each other, but I do feel a connection between our personalities.

Eloise is quirky and not afraid of embracing her inner weirdness. Her fashion sense is peculiar yet simultaneously lovable. And she's gorgeous to say the least. She has rich, voluminous strawberry blonde hair, tanned fair skin and a slim figure, not curvy though, but slim. I sometimes notice how men eye her when walking past us, but she is so cooped up in her fantasy she calls romance that she doesn't notice them.

"So for how long are you going to keeping avoiding that cute guy?" Eloise brings me back to the reality of having hot drinks in the café we'd randomly found.

We had decided to grab beverages after a day of tedious lessons and just sit and talk to know each other a bit more while testing out the quality of the pastries and drinks of the newly found café.

"Huh?" I signal for her to repeat although I heard her the first time. "Sorry, I was a bit distracted." I take a sip out of my creamy hot chocolate.

"You've been distracted for a long time now," she says as a matter of fact. "Anything going on?" She asks with pure interest.

"Nothing much," I shrug casually, suddenly finding my hot chocolate more interesting than where this conversation is heading. "Just that I find it a bit tricky to adjust to the new environment." I lift my eys to stare at her to make my lie seem more believable.

"I sense that you're lying, but I'm gonna let that one slip," she smiles, not prodding further. "For now," she adds and wiggles her eyebrows.

I laugh at her craziness. "Thanks," I say. "But to answer your previous question, I haven't been avoiding Colton," she sends me a disbelieving look. "I was just... Too busy to talk to him. You know, with all the assignments we've received–"

"We've only received one," she cuts off my words and sips her espresso.

"One too many," I roll my eyes. "And besides, I need some space to re-cooperate."

"From what exactly?" She looks at me as if she's waiting for me to spill some more gibberish.

"From, uh," I try to think of a reasonable excuse, so I say the first thing to pop up in my mind. "From the death of my pet hamster!"