Chapter Eighty-Three

Songs for this chapter:
• Lover - Taylor Swift

Chapter Eighty-Three:

Bryce's POV

"I'm serious, Mama. You look beautiful. Leo is a very lucky man."

Elena turns to face her son, and the the simple silk skirt of her wedding dress swirls around her as she spins around. Her eyes are teary, her lower lip trembling, and I can tell that she's trying her best to hold in her tears so that she doesn't ruin her makeup.

"Thank you, Mateo. I don't know why I'm so nervous. It's not like this is my first wedding." Elena chuckles to herself. "It's just that this wedding is so much more important to me. I married Caleb because I had to. But marrying Leo? That's the wedding that I have been dreaming about for twenty years. I can't believe my dreams are finally coming true."

Mateo pulls his mom into a hug, being careful not to crush her simple white veil or the intricate updo that her blond hair is in. He doesn't have to worry too much about her dress though, as it's plain and simple yet still somehow quite lovely. The plain silk skirt falls to her ankles, and the bodice of the dress is made of the same plain silk, complete with a sweetheart neckline and thin straps.

It's a relatively small wedding, the only guests being family and a few friends. Elena asked two of her friends to be her bridesmaids, and they're still touching up their hair and makeup at the other side of the room as Elena speaks to Mateo and I. Dad and Elena chose to keep the colour scheme basic, and so the bridesmaids are wearing silver dresses while Mateo, Dad, and I are wearing black tuxedos.

Dad chose Mateo and I as his groomsmen, and since the wedding is so small and was sort of abrupt as Dad and Elena only got engaged at the beginning of this year, we'll be walking the bridesmaids down the aisle before Elena and her dad walk down the aisle. I know that Leo and Elena never wanted to have a huge, extravagant wedding anyway, and so the simple procession just seems right.

As if in on cue, Elena's father enters the room. His presence is expected, considering that he has to walk his daughter down the aisle soon, but what surprises me is who enters the room directly after him.

Nicholas and Samuel DiLaurentis.

Elena's dad continues to make his way towards his daughter, oblivious to the fact that the two of his grandsons that had followed him into the room are standing awkwardly in the doorway, hesitant to approach Elena and Mateo.

As I recall all the disgusting shit Nicholas and Samuel have said to my brother over the past few months, I resist the urge to walk over to those bastards so that I can punch them both in their annoying fucking faces.

Of course they have their similarities to Mateo, but Mateo undoubtedly looks more like a Bradshaw than he does a DiLaurentis. I feel like a fucking idiot for not noticing how alike we look in high school.

The fact that I barely see any of Mateo in his brothers' faces just makes the idea of hitting them even more plausible.

I stick my hands into my pockets, stopping myself from doing anything that'll screw up this day for Dad and Elena.

Mateo and Elena seem to notice the two
boys at the exact same time as I watch as, simultaneously, Mateo gets a look of disgust on his face while Elena's eyes widen in awe.

"Nicholas! Samuel!" she exclaims before dashing across the room.

Mateo and I watch silently as she pulls her two sons into a fierce hug, whispering things in Spanish to them. They both look hesitant to hug their mother back, but eventually, they embrace her.