Chapter 28

Striking the iron while it's hot. I took out my gift that was wrapped in a patterned paper that Haisley bought yesterday at the market. And gave it to the golden prince.

"What's this?" He asked, confused as to why I was giving him a present.

"A welcome gift," I said with a small smile.

His gold eyes widened in surprise and immediately open it. "A handkerchief," he said in awe. He really didn't expect to receive a present from me. "Did you embroider it, sister?"

I nodded. A yellow bunny with gold eyes was laying on the grass next to a wooden sword. The eyes were made of gold thread that it sparkles now and then.

"Thank you, sister," Aiden grinned.

His smile warmed my heart. A pleasant feeling of happiness filled inside me that led me to smile wider and hug the little prince.

"You're welcome."

And so, the usual prince was back. He was extra clingy to me the whole day with a big adorable smile on his face.

Keith couldn't help but to confusingly glance at the little prince once in awhile.

He was really in a good mood today and I was too.

"Where are you going, your highness?" A maid asked.

The lessons finished for today was smooth sailing. I didn't have a hard time coping up with the lessons.

"I'm going to the Silver Palace. Don't follow me, I'll come back before dinner," Aiden, who was following me out of the Emerald Palace, spoke indifferently towards the maid.

I never saw Aiden speak like that.

"Bu-But, your highness," the maid started but quickly was silenced by Aiden's cold glare. The maid couldn't do anything bowed. "Then I'll be waiting for you."

Watching the different versions of the crown prince made me shiver. In the coming of years, he'll be scary like the king.

Ah, my heart quivered just now. . .

I ignored the death glare that his maid sends me and continued to walk towards my sanctuary. The Silver Palace.

"Your maid doesn't like me," I said when we were out of earshot.

"She does." He didn't deny it. Aiden then mumbled, "I'll have to get rid of her."

The prince who was busy thinking of a plan on how to get rid of his own maid didn't saw my pallid face.

Where was the adorable little prince a while ago?

How can this child be scary? Was it because he's the son of the person who'll kill me? Like father like son?

I noted to myself that I shouldn't make this person furious or else I might be the next one he'll be getting rid of.