three

Andrea Castro

My eyes fluttered open as I winced in pain, aching coming from the side of my head. I checked my surroundings and noticed I was in a dimly lit room with four cement walls. My hands were cuffed to a table? My heart started to race and I felt queasy thinking about how trapped I am right now. Where was I and why did they bring me here? Suddenly the metal door opened and in walked the two men that took me here.

"Look who it is, someone is finally awake." The curly-haired one spoke with a snicker. I shuddered at his dark tone and refused to make eye contact with him.

"What do you want from me? You were better off just killing me so why am I here? And who are you?" I questioned with pain in my voice. My eyebrows were furrowed as I watched them intently sit themselves right in front of me. 

"Well I'm Harry, this is Cooper. To answer your questions, we weren't going to kill someone innocent, even though we were very temped may I add." Harry answered with a smirk. It felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. Was Luke going to find me? Was mom going to come back in time to notice dad and I disappeared?

"That's bullshit. My father was innocent and you still killed him right in front of my eyes!" I screamed, pulling my wrists as the metal dug into my skin. I winced in pain. 

"Oh c'mon Andi girl, you know your father wasn't innocent. Do you really think someone with that much money and power doesn't abuse it?" Cooper slyly said leaning in. What was he talking about? My father was a kind and loving man. I refuse to believe he did anything wrong.

"I promise, I don't know what you're talking about. Please just let me go." I begged, tears starting to brim my waterline. I was beginning to get flustered and scared knowing how dangerous they were. Why were they keeping me here? I would've much rather been dead, especially knowing my father wasn't alive anymore.

"You know, it would've made everything a lot easier if you just never came back from college. You weren't supposed to be there and now, you just made it a lot harder on us." Harry angrily said, his fists by his side. His green eyes were beaming into mine with so much hate, I started to feel nauseous. If looks could kill, I would've been long gone by now.

"I promise I won't go to the police as long as you don't hurt me or the rest of my family." I begged, swallowing the lump in my throat. I knew I was talking a load of shit, there was no way I was going to let them get away with this. I just had to make them believe I wouldn't.

"Damn Andi, do you think we're that stupid?" Cooper laughed while shaking his head back and forth. Harry's eyes just got darker and he finally stood up and walked over to me. I pinched my eyes shut as he towered over me. His fingers grabbed a handful of my hair and he pulled my head back forcefully, bringing my eyes to his. He lowered his face to me, and I could feel his hot breath fanning over me. 

"There's absolutely no way in hell you are getting out of this, so stop getting your hopes up." Harry darkly said as his eyes were piercing through mine. I started to wince from the pain in my head as he let go. 

"W-What do you want from me then? I can't just stay here forever, I have a life." I spoke with a trembling voice. My world felt like it was crashing down around me. Was I ever going to see my mom and brother again? Was I ever going to go back to college and see my friends?

"Awe don't worry sweetheart, we have everything planned out for you. You'll be able to go out into the real world and pretend like this never happened. You wanna know why? Because of this." Harry reached over and grabbed a manila colored file from Cooper's hand, smacking it down on the table. I flinched and looked down at it. It was thick with papers stuffed inside of it.

"What is this?" I asked, trying to reach my hand out and slowly bringing it towards me, feeling the handcuffs dig into my skin further. My eyes glanced back up to Harry and Cooper who were smirking with their arms crossed against their chest. 

"This? This is your whole life, Andi. Right here in this file. This is the time you went to rehab at 17 when you were addicted to cocaine and alcohol. This is also the time your brother hit and killed a young man while drunk driving and your parents paying off the victim's family to keep quiet." Harry nonchalantly spoke, as tears were now rolling down my face. How did they get ahold of this information? My time at rehab was tucked and thrown away a long time ago, and my parents made sure it would never hit the press. And my brother? I didn't know about this, at all. I had no idea he had done something so stupid and ignorant.

"Oh and these right here?" Harry said while shuffling some papers and taking out photographs of my mother. " These are pictures of your mom cheating on your father every other weekend. Oh and look at this one too, this is your mother also with another man! Your mom is really good at getting around." Harry smirked while pushing it towards me. I was shaking my head back and forth, my cheeks getting wet from the tears pouring out of my eyes. I immediately closed the file with my fingers, pushing it back towards him. I really didn't need to see any more of it. Ignorance was bliss at this point. 

"H-How do you know all of this? How did you get this information?" I cried, realizing everything was over at this point. They were blackmailing me for my silence. I couldn't let this information get out. Everything would be taken from us and my family would fall apart even more now than it was. Our lives would be ruined. My dream of becoming a lawyer at this point was long gone. Harry walked back towards me and grabbed my chin forcefully, bringing my face mere inches away from his. 

"Do you know how fucking important we are Andi? We know everything about everyone. We, are Cobra-13." Harry spoke as I could feel his breath hitting my lips and his eyes staring into mine. My breath hitched in my throat and my heart fell to my stomach. What the hell is Cobra-13? I shook my head out of his grip and started trembling. I tried yanking my arms once again but the metal from the handcuffs continued to slice into my wrists. 

"Please just get me the fuck out of here! I don't care who you are anymore! Just please let me go. I promise you have my silence. I swear, I won't say anything. I know what you can do and I won't risk it so please." I shrieked, tears tumbling out of my eyes. Harry and Cooper both looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. Cooper slid a piece of paper and pen towards me as I intently looked at it. 

"This is your freedom Andi. Sign this paper, and you're free to go. But signing this paper means that we bought your silence. If you go to anyone about this, the police, your family, anyone, we will personally destroy your life and your family's life too. Sergeant's orders." Cooper announced towards me, his eyes with hatred. I glanced between the two men and nodded my head sullenly. I gripped the pen between my fingers and scribbled whatever signature I could make out. I wanted to run from this place and never look back. 

"Okay it's done. But I just have one more question. What did my father do to get brutally murdered like this?" I asked, the thought putting a weight on my chest and nausea making me feel sick to my stomach. The thought of my father being dead started to make me silently sob once more. 

"Baby girl, if we tell you, I'll have to grab my gun and make sure I don't miss the bullet going through that pretty little head of yours." Harry darkly spoke, a twinge of evil laced within his tone of words. 

//////

hi i hope you guys liked the chapter!! make sure to comment, vote, and share pls :)

-s