𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX:CHARLOTTE

CHAPTER SIX:
CHARLOTTE

1933

EMMA WAS IN A bad place. Her anger was constantly on a thin line and her happiness was nonexistent. Emma Grace Whitlock was gone. The day she walked in the barn and killed a newborn with no remorse whatsoever, Jasper knew she was gone. His little sister had been gone the day that she was changed, but there was still a little part of her left. Not anymore. Now, she was an emotionless monster that ripped off the heads of the newborns without a care in the world.

Emma didn't speak to anyone except for Peter and occasionally Jasper―︎the two once again having another sibling spat. And even at the moment, Peter was too busy being caught up with one of the newborns. She was a girl that held short brown hair and a caring personality. Peter was absolutely infatuated with her. He was so infatuated with her that he begged Jasper to keep her alive. But, the boy refused saying Maria wouldn't allow it.

As Emma was burning the new set of newborn corpses, Peter walked up to her. Emma didn't acknowledge him as she looked into the orange flames with a blank expression. Peter held a hopeful expression as he approached his best friend that was like a sister to him. Maybe she would listen.

"Hey, Em. Can I talk to you?" Peter asked.

Emma removed her gaze from the fire in front of her and sent him a gentle smile as she nodded her head. "Sure. What's up, Pete?"

"Jasper won't listen to me. But, I think that newborn I've been telling you about, I think she's my mate."

Emma's smile widen. "Oh, Peter that's great!"

Peter smiled at her happiness for him before it faltered. "It is. . . except Jasper won't listen to me. I asked of her to not be executed, but he told me that Maria wouldn't like that. I was hoping maybe you could help. . .?"

Emma's jaw immediately clenched at the woman's name before she nodded her head. "If it means ignoring Maria's authority, you can bet that I'll help. What do you need me to do?"

Peter's face immediately lit up at her words. "Well, right now, I only need you to take over my shift at watching the newborns. I'm going to try to talk to him again."

"I have been wanting to meet this newborn of yours. What was her name? Charlie?"

"Charlotte." Peter corrected.

"Charlotte! Right." Emma smiled. "Well, I've got it covered. Go talk to Jasper, and smack him in the head for me would ya?"

"Anything for you, Em." Peter chuckled before walking away. Emma smiled before quickly taking over Peter's watch. Emma noticed the quiet brunette, standing by herself and avoiding all of the other newborns. Emma checked on the other newborns―︎making sure they weren't going to kill one another―︎before carefully walking up to Charlotte.

Charlotte looked at Emma and immediately her eyes widened in slight fear. Nowadays whenever Emma would walk up to one of the newborns, it was to kill them. But not this time. This time, a piece of Emma's humanity was coming back as she sent the newborn a gentle smile. Charlotte was surprised at the kind gesture, but couldn't help but smile back.

"You're Charlotte, correct?" Emma asked, coming to stand beside of the brunette. Charlotte nodded her head, scared to speak. "Charlotte, I'm Emma. I'm one of Peter's friends. He has told me much about you."

Emma watched as Charlotte's face lit up at the mention of the boys name. It made Emma's smile widen. "He has?" Charlotte softly asked.

"Oh yeah, he has." Emma gently laughed. "And he has a plan to get you out of here. And I am here to help."

"Really?" Charlotte asked, surprised.

"After everything he has done for me, I owe him one. And the chance of possibly making him happy with the love of his life, that's the best way to make things between us even." Emma gently said. "Besides, I'll get to disobey Maria and I'm all up for it."

"He told me you had a strong hate for her." Charlotte softly chuckled.

"Oh you have no idea." Emma responded with the roll of her eyes. The two shared a laugh. For once in a very long time, Emma was enjoying herself. "Charlotte, I have a feeling this is the start of an amazing friendship." Emma said with a smile as she slung an arm around the newborn―︎a mischievous glint hiding in her smile.

" Emma said with a smile as she slung an arm around the newborn―︎a mischievous glint hiding in her smile

756 words

Authors note: Short chapter, but we have introduced Charlotte!

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye my loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH