CH. 41 Family Feud

As Chase came back into the Man Cave, we all stared up at him expectedly.

His blue eyes narrowed at our innocent faces and he let out a deep sigh in annoyance, "Lance isn't gonna be home until later, he told me he has two more classes for the day."

Good. We'll have some time to come up with a better excuse for what happened.

I tucked my lips in, nodding back to him.

Flynn clapped his hands together, standing up from his spot on the couches, "Guess we're done here," he sang, making his way towards the door.

As Flynn attempted to pass Chase, Chase shot his arm out, sticking it right into Flynn's chest with a thud.

"Not so fast," he growled at Flynn, giving him a sharp glare before grazing his eyes over Kade and I.

Chase's eyes narrowed, "Does nobody remember me clearly stating that today was not just going to be a 'free day'?" He asked.

Nobody responded, all eyes aimed far away from Chase.

Well, I remembered. I was just hoping he didn't.

Chase sighed, a bitter laugh erupting from the back of his throat, "Until Lance gets home and we can have a family discussion—" he paused, taking his hand away from Flynn's chest and crossing his arms in front of him.

"—Y'all are going to be doing chores all day," he finished with a grin, pleased with his choice of punishment.

Kade scrunched his nose up, "There's no chores to be done!" He wailed, throwing his hands up into the air, "The house is always clean."

Flynn and I hummed in agreement.

It was true. The house always seemed to be squeaky clean.

At this comment, Chase narrowed his eyes lightly at Kade, "Yes, dip-shit, and you know why?" Chase cocked his head at Kade, "Because I always freaking do the chores!" He shouted back.

Kade's strong stance suddenly dropped and he shifted his eyes away from Chase, "Oh," he mumbled, chewing the inside of his cheeks.

Chase scoffed, shaking his head lightly, "I swear, nobody every appreciates- or even tries to acknowledge the work I do around this house just to keep it tidy," He rambled in frustration.

Flynn slowly reached his arm out to Chase's shoulder, giving him an innocent smile as he pat him, "I appreciate you, Chase," He said sweetly, batting his long eyelashes.

Chase looked over his shoulder, glaring at Flynn, "Oh shut up, you couldn't care less," He rolled his eyes as he pushed Flynn's hand off of him.

Flynn shrugged his shoulders in agreement— to which Chase rolled his eyes again.

"Anyways," Chase began, staring us down with a glare, "While we wait, y'all won't just be doing any chores— y'all will be doing my chores as punishment for the humiliation I received due to your careless and immature actions."

My eyes narrowed.

Careless? Maybe. But, immature? Not even close. That asshole deserved it.

"So, you're essentially just using us to do all the dirty work that you don't want to do," I scoffed.

Chase furrowed his eyebrows, "You see, that attitude is exactly why your ass ended up in the principal's office, and I ended up the center of humiliation," He sneered.

He now turned to get a good look at the three of us, "You don't realize that your actions reflect upon the rest of us. All of you need an attitude check, as well as a few hundred lessons about respect. I thought that we raised you guys better than this," He spat.