𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟕

❝𝑪𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔. 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒊𝒕. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕...𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆. 𝑰𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖.❞ – 𝑴𝒂𝒛 𝑲𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒂

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Another day of hard training passed, in which Marilyn pummeled Astrid to the ground with her lightsaber skills while Anakin kept distracting Astrid with his prompting, questioning looks as he silently asked her if she had talked to Master Kenobi yet.

When practice was finally over, Astrid rushed to where Master Kenobi stood beside Master Plo Koon on the edges of the training room. The two Jedi Masters gave Astrid questioning and concerned looks as she skid to a breathless stop before them and gasped out, "Master Kenobi, may I speak with you in private?"

His brow furrowed in confusion, the concern in his eyes deepening, and he nodded and indicated for her to lead the way. Astrid led them over to the corner of the training arena out of anyone's earshot.

"Master Kenobi," she began. "Is there any chance you can persuade the Jedi Council to allow me and a couple of other people-- perhaps you and Anakin-- to rescue Master Secura?"

Master Kenobi sighed tiredly and replied, "Astrid, I already tried yesterday. You saw me. The Jedi Council will not be persuaded. Besides, Master Secura is probably fine--"

"With all due respect, Master Kenobi, we both know Master Secura is in deep trouble," Astrid interrupted.

Obi Wan Kenobi sighed, and his caramel colored eyes lowered to the floor in conflicted contemplation. He rubbed at his jaw with an absentminded hand.

When he didn't respond after a minute, Astrid prompted, "Master Kenobi, help me, please. Don't let your same mistake with your master come to fruition through me. I don't want to lose Master Secura."

His eyes rose from the floor to meet her gaze. His gaze was steady on hers as he finally replied, "Fine. I can see what I can do." He paused before adding, "Let me guess; you and Anakin are going to go to Yavin IV even if the Council doesn't approve."

He stated it like fact rather than a question.

Astrid winced and replied, "If it wasn't for me, Anakin would've already left."

Master Kenobi pursed his lips before nodding as if this was no surprise to him. "Okay. I will see what I can do for you and Anakin." He dipped his head in farewell before he stalked off, his brown Jedi cloak billowing behind him.

Astrid couldn't tell if he was upset or not. She hoped Master Kenobi wouldn't admonish Anakin later. Anakin was already mad at his master. Another lesson from Obi Wan Kenobi would set him off again and probably fuel Anakin's anger against the Jedi Master.

Astrid sighed.

She sensed Anakin's approach from behind her. "How did it go?" he asked as he stopped beside her. "I couldn't tell if he was angry or not."

Astrid turned towards him and replied, "He said he would try to help, but he knows you and I are going to go after her anyways."

Anakin let out an irritated sigh as he looked skyward. "Of course he does."

Astrid only looked to the training arena's entrance through which Obi Wan Kenobi had vanished moments ago.

Suddenly, Marilyn and Ida popped up beside them, and Marilyn chirped, "What are you two doing over here? Why do I feel like you two are always together? It's as if you're conspiring."