154 ~ pregnancy

The house was filled with warm laughter and pouring champagne as everyone chatted together, gathered in the living space below

The house was filled with warm laughter and pouring champagne as everyone chatted together, gathered in the living space below. Eagerly awaiting the surprise news the young, celebrity couple had to share with them. Only their closest friends and family were invited, so they had a feeling everyone knew it was a personal revelation.

Which couldn't be more true. Considering today was the day Roseanne and her had decided to reveal their pregnancy.

Lisa smiled to herself as she found her wife hidden away in the bathroom upstairs, re-curling her hair for what seemed like the fifteenth time this afternoon.

"My love..." She spoke into her ear whilst snaking her arms around her. Hands already falling to caress her belly. "You look fine, gorgeous even."

She squeezed lightly on the bump she knew was growing but was still hard to see as she smiled. A tired Roseanne resting the back of her head against her chest.

"I know... but thanks." Roseanne turned in her arms and hugged her. "Just nervous."

"I get it, but nervous of what exactly?"

"I guess everything." Her wife admitted quietly. Lisa kissing her cheek and holding her tighter at the sound of her sigh. "It's just, we never told anyone about our plans. What if instead of being pleasantly surprised, they're upset we didn't keep them informed?"

"That's a good point, but excuse me if it's inconsiderate of me to say it's really none of their business what we do?"

Roseanne stepped out of her embrace and eyed her. "They're are friends and family! Not the press."

Lisa held up her hands, giving Rosie a pointed look while yielding. "I didn't mean it like that... I mean I did, but you know what I mean."

"No, I don't." Roseanne stomped.

Lisa took in a breath as she slowly lowered her hands. The forewarned mood swings of the first trimester turned out to be shorter fuses and anger when it came to Roseanne. Rather than the simplicity of mood swings that Lisa had become more than equipped to handle.

"Even if they're our family babe, this is ours. Our baby, and no one else's. If we want one, then we'll have one. Who are they to say no?"

Rosie looked off, shrugging when she seemed to come to a conclusion, but not looking back her way.

"So... are we gonna head down?"

Roseanne only shrugged once again and Lisa sighed. She was agitated with how it always came to this with her wife as of late. And as much as she loved her, she was also tired of it.

"Okay, well, I'll see you down there when I see you... I guess."

Lisa checked her reflection in the mirror before leaving to head downstairs, though it didn't take long for a hand to catch hers just outside the door. She could hear new voices downstairs as she was pulled back into the bedroom, and pushed to sit on the edge of their bed.