45

Alice

"Oh my what happened," Tracy asks as soon as I open her passenger side door.

I sit down it the seat and feel relieved that Gen is behind me. After calling Tracy I texted her to bring Gen along.

"Tracy said you needed help." Gen smiles sympathetically and pulls me into a hug.

"Please just drive I need to get out of here for a minute," I say honestly and Tracy luckily starts to leave.

Minutes later Tracy parks in front of her house and they look at me waiting for me to explain why I called. I'm glad I did call them because I know they'd listen.

"Should we be worried that I just had to pick you up from a hospital while you were sobbing all your makeup off?" Tracy asks sadly.

"But I don't wear makeup." I sigh and her eyes widen.

"Bitch you don't??" She gasps and Gen hits her arm.

"Let her talk." She lisps but giving Tracy a serious look regardless.

I explain everything that happened and pain erupts in my chest at every word.

When I finished I lean back against the car seat and it's silent for a few seconds.

"You love Nick?" Tracy asks with a smile. "But he lied to you... but you love him so we can fix this." She says patting my back and I look at Gen as she furrows her eyebrows.

"You guys made out in a playground tube?" She says quite disgusted and Tracy rolls her eyes.

"It's romantic Gen." she sighs Tracy pulls her shiny hair to one side and runs her acrylic red long nails through it in frustration.

"It's a one-way ticket to all you can have germ land. Rock walls, baby swings, and seesaws have the most germs. All three teemed with 9 million CFUsq. Which is over 52,000 times more bacteria than a typical home toilet seat." Gen says squinting at Tracy before shivering in disgust.

"Ok whatever, you guys! We need to think of a plan on how to show everyone that this was Brodie's fault and not Nick's! Because we all know Brodie has something more to do with this than Nick said. Did you let him finish explaining Alice?" Tracy asks blinking at me and I feel ashamed when I shake my head no. "Ok so let's think of a plan!" Tracy says talking fast and clapping her hands.

"I love plans!" Gen screams with her lisp and I have to cover my ears it's so screechy.

"You guys I could just say sorry to Nick." I shrug.

"But Brodie deserves to be punished! If we can prove he did something wrong then you don't have to constantly watch your back from him!" Tracy explains and I can't help but agree.

We lean back in the car seats and think deeply.

Suddenly a guy walks past Tracy's parked car and I see an evil smirk grow on her lips.

She kicks open her driver's side door and runs towards the man. Gen leans in from the back seat. "What is she doing." She asks.

I shrug. "I don't know."

We watch as Tracy talks to the guy in front of her house until she eventually comes skipping back. She sits in the car and we stare at her. "What was that?" Gen asks when Tracy says nothing.