They Ask You on a Date

A/N: Just to reiterate a bit from the book summary so nobody gets confused: For the squad and Muichiro, Reader is around 16. For the rest of the pillars, Reader is around 21. I'll have exactly none of that illegal FBI-Open-Up shit in my book, don't worry. (And later on, for the surprise additions to the character roster, Reader will also be 21 for those.)

And please, if you do ship any of these adults with literal children (as in, they're actually 14-16), please do not mention it anywhere in my books or on any of my profiles. I do not support any of it.

--

Tanjiro:

Tanjiro is understandably a little shy about asking you out. But once you accept, his happiness level skyrockets. He'll likely try to take you somewhere nice, but anything is alright in the end -- you may even spend your date taking a stroll around the mountain near Urokodaki's home.

He's a complete gentleman to you the entire time. Tanjiro was raised to treat girls with respect (and with Kie having just as hard a forehead, she wouldn't play around with that) and wouldn't dream of hurting you. He'll give you something before the date, such as picked flowers or something he picked up in a village.

The two of you manage to stay relatively unbothered. Zenitsu caught wind of the date beforehand and promised to distract Inosuke, and Nezuko was roped into helping him (not that she minded).

Nezuko:

Nezuko would ask you the only way she really knows how -- by giving you a gift and getting you to follow her. When you caught on, she'd smile happily and nod -- she wanted to spend time alone with you. (It would be very difficult not to break and fawn over her in the moment.)

Nezuko is sweet and thoughtful. Everything had been thought out beforehand (with her brother's help), whether it be a little moonlit stroll by the river or a dinner date at a cute little restaurant. She'd make you take your katana just in case someone (or something) interrupted you.

The two of you would be relatively unbothered by humans, at least. Zenitsu and Tanjiro promised to leave you alone (although Zenitsu was a little sulky about not spying on your date), and Inosuke didn't really care. Whether you get attacked or not is out of your hands, although you do exercise more caution on your date night.

Zenitsu:

It would take some hyping-up to get Zenitsu to finally ask you out, but when he does, expect that he'll try to treat you like a princess. He's far too sweet for his own good, and you sometimes have to dissuade him from doing more expensive things for you, like buying you a new necklace as a gift or taking you to a fancy restaurant in the city.

Of course, he's 120% a gentleman the whole time. He's really nervous about something going wrong, but your laid-back demeanor will do a lot to calm him down. Humor is a must, even if it ends in him laughing a little too much at every joke you make. Eventually he'll feel comfortable enough to enjoy the date.

He already made Tanjiro promise to leave you both alone for the date, and Inosuke really didn't care. The Kamado siblings are just happy to see you two getting along so well.

Inosuke:

It will take a few suggestions for him to finally ask you out somewhere. Inosuke is really stunted when it comes to romantic gestures, so if you both end up doing something like walking in the mountains, give him a little slack.