Chapter Eight - One step forward two steps back

"Yes," Evelyn nodded her head adjusting her glasses as she Skyped with the CEO, David McCreight, of Anthropologie.  "That should work.  I will discuss it with my assistant, Samantha, and see how it works out."

She could hear his American accent and always found it funny when she met people all around the world how everyone seemed to have their own accent.  Eve had a very close relationship with Anthropologie as she had been with them since she started working for Teen Vogue.  She had written a piece on their clothing and had met the David during it all as well.  

Since then, David had seen something special in Evelyn's work and was the one who reached out to her when he heard she had designed her own line.

"Perfect," he said as he smiled at her.  "So if all goes well, we should have your new line in our stores on June 6th and online June 15th."

She nodded her head agreeing with him as she wrote it all down in her notes needing to discuss things with Sam.

"I'll make sure the parcels are shipped before the end of May.  That way you'll have enough time to set up displays and things of that sort."

"Alright, I think that's the gist of it all.  Did you have any questions for me?" David asked her.

"I don't," Evelyn shook her head.  "Everything has been answered already."

"So you'll get back to me tomorrow after you meet with your assistant and we will get everything handled by then.  Evelyn, it's always a pleasure talking to you."

"You as well," she smiled at him.  "Talk soon, David."

***

"So what d'you think?" Evelyn asked Samantha as she bit her fingernails as Samantha looked over the paperwork and the logistics.  "Does it all look good?"

Sam studied the paperwork that had been faxed over.  It was all in accordance to everything Evelyn and David had discussed over on Skype.

"I believe so, yes," Sam agreed nodding her head.  "Besides, we all trust David, he hasn't done anything to prove otherwise.  I'd say go for it."

"Okay," she let out a sigh of relief never having really doubted David in the first place.  "Let's do it."

***

Evelyn lied.

She didn't have work today.  She just used it as an excuse to wallow in self-pity and stupidity.  

Technically, she did have work.  She was working from home having Skype calls with the CEO of H&M and Anthropologie about how to work in her Spring 2007 line into their stores.  

She had received at least three calls from William so far and it was only twelve o'clock.  Sighing as she listened to the third.

"Hey Eve," his voice sounded exhausted.  "Did something happened last night?  Or did I say something wrong?  Please call me back so I can try to fix it."

"Will rang for me today asking about you.  Wondering if you're okay.  Are you okay?" her sister asked startling her at first, not realising she was in the room.

"I'm fine," Eve mumbled.

"Obviously not," a snort came out from Vivienne.  "You want to talk about what happened?" Evelyn glared at her sister.  "Or what didn't happen?"

"Nothing happened..."

"Okay, I'll tell you what happened," Evelyn decided after a few moments of silence giving in and wanting to discuss it with somebody.  "Well, I met his brother Harry last night, which I think was a shock to the both of us as I don't believe he thought he would be coming over.  Anyway, he asked if he were interrupting anything and Will just replied with 'no, we're just having dinner.'"