- 0 7 - SILLY GAME

LEE JORDAN WAS JUST AS BAD AS THE TWINS WHEN IT CAME TO PRANKS

LEE JORDAN WAS JUST AS BAD AS THE TWINS WHEN IT CAME TO PRANKS. Fred and George started early with trying a new jinx they had learned themselves on a Hufflepuff named Cedric Diggory. It was only the second week, and the twins had created a name for themselves.

Unfortunately, Lorelei found herself too often near the scene of the crime causing Argus Filch to think she was a part of it.

This time, she cursed out the twins in the Great Hall for their idiocy, even if she cared deeply for them.

Making her way to her Transfiguration lesson, she found Alicia standing outside the Great Hall suspiciously.

"Alicia? Everything all right?"

Alicia nodded and walked off. Lorelei frowned.

Professor McGonagall was impressed with Lorelei from the moment she stepped foot in her classroom. The professors enjoyed telling her that her father was a wonderful wizard, but no one dared say his name. Lorelei found herself growing frustrated at this. It wasn't like she would search for him!

George found Lorelei later that evening near the courtyard writing hurriedly. He sat down next to the mermaid and smirked when she glared at him.

"If you get me roped into another prank--"

"Oh, you'll learn to love them. What are you doing?" George asked looking over her shoulder to see she was doing the Potion essay due tomorrow. "A little last minute?"

"I'm dreadful at Potions. Snape says that being a mermaid, I should be marvelous at them. He thinks I need some time to unlock my skill," Lorelei said with a groan. She didn't understand.

George snickered. "Snape talks to you like a human being? All we get is snide remarks and house points docked."

"Well, you're not the nicest to him," Lorelei said with a teasing smirk. "Anyway, I need to finish this. I'm feeling awful."

George immediately frowned and tensed up. "What's wrong?"

"My skin feels rather itchy. I have the worst migraine. I just want to go to sleep quite honestly." Lorelei felt her skin prickle at the mention of it.

George frowned further. "How long has it been since you've been in the water?"

"A few weeks. I doubt it's that--"

"Give me the essay. I'll make revisions and you get yourself to the lake."

Lorelei stared at him incredulously. "You want to revise my essay? I think I'll let Brizo do it." Fred snorted as he walked toward them holding said crab.

"Been biting and clawing at me to find you. Strange crab," Fred said as he handed him over to Lorelei. "Don't trust us to help with homework."

George scoffed. "I was going to help her."

"Yeah, okay. You're probably right. I'll just have to go to the lake later tonight," Lorelei thought it over and decided Brizo would accompany her tonight. The longer she kept it a secret, the better.

She was able to get in and out of the Black Lake before her absence became noticeable by Alicia and Angelina. She heaved herself out of the Black Lake while Brizo watched her.

"What? I'm fine. It was enough. I'll come out more often, I swear. You're looking like Grandma again," Lorelei teased as she dried herself with a spell she learned causing Brizo to jump. Brizo hated magic.

The next few months were focused on her studies. Her favorite lesson had to be Charms. She felt like she just had a knack for them. Defense Against the Dark Arts was fun for the practical lessons, but Quirrel was rather boring otherwise.

Lorelei's second favorite lesson was their flying lesson. All first-years were required to take it to have knowledge on how to ride a broom. Lorelei, however, was a fair flyer to Madam Hooch's knowledge. Fred and George teased her often during these lessons. Lee Jordan thought she would be good at Quidditch until she said the terrible words...

"What is Quidditch? That silly game Ron was talking about?"

The entire class gasped dramatically. Fred and George hurried over to the girl and pulled her aside.

Fred yelled out. "Mental, this one!"

"Don't mind her!" George finished.

Fred glanced back at the girl. "Yes! It's a wonderful game! Ron showed you it, didn't it?"

"Of course. I don't understand it, but-"

"Mr. and Mr. Weasley. Miss Calypso! Get back to your brooms. I want to try flying around the Quidditch field!" Madam Hooch's stern voice rang clear.

A boy named Roger Davies came up to the girl. He was in Ravenclaw. "You were joking, right?"

"O-Of course. I mean I don't understand it much, but yeah. I know what Quidditch is!" Roger seemed relieved at her words like he couldn't believe someone may not know what Quidditch was.

After that, Fred and George along with Charlie, who was the house team's seeker, took it upon themselves to teach Lorelei everything there was to know about Quidditch. Charlie grinned when she had taken a liking to the Chaser and Seeker positions.

"Well, try out next year! There will be a Chaser and Seeker spot open!" Charlie yelled excitedly.

"Oi! What about us!?" The twins cried.

Charlie smirked at his brothers. "You'd both make fair beaters the way you play at the Burrow."

Lorelei took it upon herself to try and find out everything there was to learn about being a Chaser. She had felt a sense of pride when Charlie said she'd do good. Brizo even seemed interested in the game.

Hogwarts was a dream like no other.