Epilogue

"You look beautiful," my mother says. She places a long veil on my head. A tiara with elegant jewels keep it in place on my head. Rhinestones fall down the fabric like a waterfall. It matches my long, white dress. The sleeves on my dress are made of white lace. Silky fabric is wrapped tightly around my torso, just loose enough so I can breath and not so tight that it is revealing. The skirt flows out into long, elegant ruffles. The bottom of it rests on the floor, covering my feets and the silver, jeweled heels.

"Thank you," I say. She smiles and plants a kiss on my cheek. I feel butterflies fluttering around in my stomach, meaning that I'm nervous. It always tends to tie a knot in itself when I'm about to do something that could change my entire life or just what happens in the next hour. "I'm just really nervous about what could end up happening," I admit.

"Everything will be fine, Celia. You two got through a rebel attack together just fine while he had a bullet stuck in his leg. I don't know if anything could tear you two apart," my mother says. When we got out of the safe room, we were ripped apart. Flynn was rushed to the medical wing where he had to have doctors do more work on the bullet wound, also having to undo my terrible—and apparently unsanitary—stiches. I immediately found my family. It took Flynn two weeks to propose. Everyone knew it was going to happen soon, despite the fact that he was the last one left. I was just surprised to see him on one leg next to the Christmas tree. I take a deep breath and exhale slowly. I take one last look in the mirror and turn around.

"I'm ready," I say quietly. She nods and we silently walk to the doors of the great room. My father stands next to them, waiting patiently for my mother and I.

"You look beautiful, Celia," he says as I walk up. Tears brim his eyes. One escapes the corners. He quickly wipes it away.

"Thank you, daddy," I say. He wraps his strong arms around me. His hugs haven't changed. The safety of them used to make me imagine that he could fight dragons or defeat an evil witch. I feel a tear fall onto my shoulder. I ignore it.

"I can't believe my little girl is getting married," he says. I smile and pull back.

"It's okay. I will always be your little girl," I say. He nods. My mother walks over to where we are standing instead of her position next to side doors to enter the great room.

"Are you ready?" she ask. I nod. She plants another quick kiss on my cheek and disappears behind the doors to the great room. I take another deep breath. My father links his arms through mine. The double doors open and a sweet melody leaks out of the room. On both sides of the isle, there are rows of seats filled with people in dresses and suits. The royal families from other countries are scattered throughout the room.

The only thing that I pay attention to, though, is Flynn. He blocks out all of the people staring at me and the decorations hanging on the walls. His smile grows when he sees me. It seems to make the room even brighter. He looks handsome in his suit with his hair neatly combed.

When we're about a yard away, we stop. My father unloops his arm from mine. He gives me another hug, this one much quicker than the last, and kisses my cheek. After he pulls back, he takes my hand in his and gives it to Flynn. Flynn's fingers weave together with mine as he nods to my father in thanks. My father nods back and walks to his seat with my mother and brother.

Flynn leads me up to the priest. I quickly look behind me to survey the crowd. Astra and Emily sit behind my parents. They both have big smiles on their faces. Astra snaps a picture with her camera while Emily waves quickly as if she was trying to get my attention.

I turn back to Flynn. He adverts his eyes from my crazy cousins. They find their way to my face. His eyes sparkle with amusement while he lips curl us in a goofy grin.

"Let us begin the joining of Celia Schreave and Flynn Stephens," the priest announces. I smile. This is how I want my life with Flynn to begin.
Epilogue! I promised I would post one! I am thinking about a sequel but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm posting a new story, which is the sequel to my Divergent story, Saturday so I'm not sure how two brand new stories at once would go. I will let you all know what I decide on by Christmas so keep your eyes open! Comments and Votes please!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.