52) Thank You

Y/n walked into her home, groceries hanging from both of her arms and making indents in her soft skin. She shut the door behind her and set all of the groceries down in the kitchen, letting out a puff of relief and rubbing her arms. She suddenly felt another pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind. She let out a small chuckle.

"What are you doing, Var?" She asked, her cheeks lightly flushed with pink.

"I just missed you is all..." he snuck his face into her neck and left light pecks, tickling her. She laughed and lifted her shoulder up to stop him.

"I only went to the store and back- you can't miss me" she giggled out, unraveling his arms off of her waist. "Help me put away groceries." She said before she was lifted up bridal style by Varian making her yelp out of surprise. He carried her all the way to the bedroom and shut the door.

"Varian! What is up with you?" She chuckled as he dropped her on the bed and placed himself between her legs, continuing to kiss her.

"I've just been thinking and... and I wanted to say thank you is all." He explained, giving her small pecks all over her face.

"Thank you for what, exactly?"

"Thank you for being with me. Thank you for caring about me when no one else did and sticking with me when my inventions go to crap." As Varian continued on about how grateful he was to Y/n, she looked over at the dresser to see a bottle of wine calmly sitting there, a quarter empty. She then looked back Varian. She saw that his cheeks were a bright red. Y/n connected two and two together.

"Varian," she interrupted him and put her hands on his cheeks.

"Yes, dear?" He responded, melting into her warm hands.

"Are you drunk?"

"Mmayybeee" he slightly giggled, making Y/n smile. She flipped him off of her and covered him with the blankets. "What are you doing?"

"Just helping you get comfy. You get sleepy when you're drunk."

"Yeah... I guess so... are you laying down with me?" He asked, grabbing her arm. She gave him a warm smile and laid down with him, covering herself with the blankets as well. He hummed when she set her head on his chest.

"Y/n, you're my favorite." He said, slowly falling asleep.

"You're my favorite too, Varian." She closed her eyes and traced his jawline. Her finger relaxed as she slowly drifted to sleep.
~~~

Just some fluff to get ya through quarantine. This was written completely on impulse and I'm not gonna proofread it so 🤷‍♀️