Chapter 66

As the rest of them followed Sirius through, Jenna found herself fighting a smile which was trying to form at the edge of her lips.

"What are you on about?" Marlene said suspiciously, narrowing her eyes at Jenna.

"Dunno," Jenna shrugged, pursing her lips together.

"Aww," Alice sighed in happiness, throwing an arm around Jenna's shoulder and squeezing her into her side as they were walking.

Lily and Marlene glanced at Alice questioningly, but she said nothing and only smiled knowingly at them.

     "What was that all about?" James whispered to Sirius, walking alongside him with Peter and Remus right behind them and the four girls further in front of them all.

     "What?" Sirius shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets coolly.

     "I'm sorry, did we not just see what happened back there?"

     "I don't know what you're talking about."

     "Drop the act, Padfoot," said James, frowning. "That girl was literally gaping at you in your arms, she was flirting shamelessly with you, and she legit went and asked you to 'show you around'! And we both know what that could lead to!"

     "She — she just wasn't my type." Sirius shrugged again, but he stopped walking when he turned and saw the three boys had stopped in their tracks, staring at him with widened eyes.

     "She was a hot girl, Padfoot. That's exactly your type," said Remus, eyeing him suspiciously.

     "Not to mention she was French," James added. "What happened to you, Padfoot?"

     "So what?" Sirius rolled his eyes. "Maybe — maybe I'm just done playing around."

     James, Remus, and Peter gasped and took a step back, staring at him in horror, as if they had just been slapped in the face.

     "What's going on this year!?" said Remus, shocked. "First James starts doing homework, then Sirius says he's done playing around... what's next?" He then turned to Peter with a raised brow, saying, "You're not planning on trying out for Gryffindor team's Keeper this year, are you?"

     Peter went slightly pink on the face and briskly shook his head. "N-no, of course not."

     "Thank God," Remus sighed in relief, walking forward.

Although soon, all their attention was caught by a short man nearby with a huge desk floating before him by his stomach length, with many interesting looking objects on it which he was selling.

As the eight of them moved forward, Jenna's eyes immediately fell upon a Golden Snitch laying there.

     And when she looked closer, she saw that it was signed by one of her favorite Quidditch players of all time, Roderick Plumpton.

"Merlin's beard!" she cried out, taking a hold of it and picking it up, admiring it in her hands with widened eyes. "How much for this?"

"Ten Galleons, Miss," said the short wizard in a thick Australian accent. "Fair price, if you ask around."

"But — but I only have two Galleons on me!" said Jenna, quickly turning on her brother. "Lend me eight Galleons, James."

"Hell no!" James shook his head, looking at the other objects on the table.

"I'll pay you back!"

"Oh, yeah?" James raised a brow at her. "Like the time you said you would pay me back if I bought you the Color-Change Ink? Or the time I lent you some for buying the Cheating Quill —"

"Fine!" Jenna huffed, turning on the girls. "Anyone?"

"I didn't bring anything with me," Marlene shrugged.

      "Me neither," said Lily and Alice nodded as well.

     "Oh, come on!" Jenna groaned, desperately looking at James. "That's too valuable! If I go back to the tent for the money, it will probably be sold by the time I come back for it!"

"I'll take it," said Sirius suddenly, taking ten Galleons out of his pocket and handing it to the wizard.

"Thanks," Jenna smiled, feeling her heart lift up. "But you can only give me eight of that, I already have two Galleons. I'll pay you the rest when we get back to the tent."

"Who said I bought it for you?" Sirius grinned and before Jenna could come to herself and realize what he meant, he snatched up the Golden Snitch from her hand.

"What?" Jenna frowned. "But I wanted it first!"

"Well, it sucks to be you then." Sirius smirked, pocketing the Snitch.

Jenna bickered all the way back to the tent, but Sirius only answered wittily, never ceasing in keeping his arrogant and stubborn smile on his face.

"That's not fair!" Jenna retorted, trying to keep up with his pace.

"Life isn't fair," said Sirius with a grin, looking forward as they walked on.

"Give it back!"

"Back? It was never yours for me to give it back."

"How would you have felt if you saw a Beater's bat with Ludo Bagman's autograph on it and I bought it first?"

"Then it would be a loss to the bat."

"Oh, you're so terrible that I want to hit you right now!"

"Where?" Sirius smirked, watching Jenna's hair turned red from fury.

"I — you — Ugh, you make me so frustrated!" Jenna huffed, pacing quickly away as the three other girls hastily followed after her.

"Now, that was mean, Padfoot," said James, even though he was grinning too.

"Nah, I was just teasing her," Sirius chuckled as he watched Jenna leave, her long hair swinging beautifully behind her. "I'm planning on giving it to her later."