Chapter 31: Spring Tournament

Finally, after practicing intensely for months and overcoming a few up and downs, the team has made it into the Spring Tournament in Sendai Gymnasium.

Karasuno is stronger now and the team is stable. Everyone has a different aura from before and they've learned to fly higher ever since they lost to Aoba Johsai.

As one of the managers of Karasuno, you can't stop feeling excited and happy, because you can already imagine how the boys will change everyone's opinion of them once the tournament begins.

However, that upbeat and bright feeling disappeared immediately when you noticed that you're lost.

As in lost, missing.

How did it happen? Well, you had a severe motion sickness since you lacked sleep and your head was throbbing before you got to the gymnasium.

On the bus, Shimizu gave you a medicine, but when you arrived, you still felt like you were going to vomit.

So you hurriedly ran away from the team and without even trying, you managed to find the bathroom. Letting it out actually helped and now, your headache is gone and you feel a lot better.

As a result for not focusing on where you were heading to, you found yourself lost in the sea of volleyball players, after you cleaned your mouth with a travel-friendly mouthwash, and after drinking an energy drink from a vending machine near the bathroom.

You tried to look for your phone inside your bag, but you remembered pushing it to Tsukishima before running off because you needed to hold your mouth.

Actually, finding your way inside the huge gymnasium wasn't that hard. Until you realized that you literally didn't know where the team settled.

You already checked the place where they settled to back in inter-high. But the team was not there.

So you decided to ask someone, assuming that they know the Karasuno team since they got famous for almost beating Seijoh.

"Uhm, excuse me?" You gripped the strap of your bag tightly out of nervousness. The two guys looked at you and their faces lit up.

"...Do you know what direction the Karasuno team went?"

The two guys looked at each other and their expression changed when they stared back at you.

"We'll tell you, if you give us your name and number first." The other guy smirked and your brows furrowed at what you heard.

You gave them a skeptical look before saying, "I'm sorry, but do you know Karasuno High?"

"Yes! You mean the 'flightless crows' or the 'fallen champions', right?" The other guy answered and both of them snickered, you frowned at their audacity.

Your gaze caught their team's name and you glared at them, "You guys are from Okita High School? I mean, the nobody-knows-about team?"

Their faces darkened slightly and they returned your glare. But you're not guilty, since they picked a fight first.

"You think we're that desperate for your number?" The guys who first talked to you switched to a menacing voice.

Are you not? You sarcastically thought.

He began to approach you, but when a hand slipped on your shoulder, their faces switched to a frightened look. When you looked at that person, the two guys apologized timidly and started running away.

"Tooru-san!" Your face lit up and you flashed Oikawa a bright and cheerful smile.

You just saw him again after visiting him once in Seijoh and the both of you fixed your relationship. You two became text buddies and real friends.