Chapter 65

It's been a tiring week with all the Holi preparations. Today is holika dahan. Where people gather around a pyre, do some pooja and then burn it. We all stood in pairs as the pandit did the pooja. And then lit the wood. Then we take rounds as the woods burn.

After taking the round and finishing the whole function, we decided to call it a day since tomorrow is the day we're hosting a Holi party and all of our close friends and relatives would be here.

I quickly changed out of the dress I was wearing and quickly got under the covers to sleep when Arjun pounced on the bed and sat above me with his legs on either side of my hips.

I kept my eyes closed. He sighed and then I felt him lean in. He took hold of both of my hands and held them above my head. I could feel his breath on my lips and then felt a peck on my lips.

"This is assault, you're kissing me without my permission", I said as I opened one of my eye and stared at him.

"Is it when my wife loves my kisses?"

"I never said I love your kisses!"

"Okay then", he said as he got off me.

"I won't kiss you until you say you love my kisses", he said.

"Wha-"

"Sober or not, the moment you say you love my kisses, I'll assault you lips", I gasped at the look of determination in his eyes.

"Sober or not?"

"Yes baby, because a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts"

"So you're not gonna kiss me if I kiss you as well", I said as I straddled his waist. His hands immediately coming to rest on my waist.

"Not even when you kiss me", he said with determination.

"Okay then Arjun", I said and leaned closer until our breaths were mingled. He immediately closed his eyes and was breathing heavily.

"Do I have an effect on you Arjun?", I whispered. He just tightened his hold around me.

I kissed his cheeks, too close to his lips and then nipped at his lower lip, biting it gently. He groaned.

"Looks like someone is willing to take back their words", I teased.

"Never!"

"Uh huh", I said and placed my lips on his but his lips remained still.

"Don't start something you don't want to finish", he mumbled against my lips.

"Fine then baby", I mocked him, giving him a last peck on his lips and got off him and settled on the bed closing my eyes and letting sleep overcome me.

"I won't say I love your kisses", I said.

"We'll see baby", he said softly wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to his body.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Once I was finally ready with a white kurta and a white leggings, I immediately decided to put a lot of oil on my skin and my hair, can't take a risk. I always oil my skin so the colour isn't permanent on my skin and that I don't look like a goblin.

For me it's special because today is the first Holi I'll celebrate with my in-laws and my husband. Sure we've played Holi before but not as husband and wife. Usually, it's considered special to have the first one as your husband who puts gulaal on your face. Like it's a sign of love. As in, the others could put gulaal on your hands and stuff but not on your face, your loved one should be the one to do it.