Trust Issues

The thing that intrigued him most about you was how much you kept to yourself, but when someone managed to wiggle their way past your shell, they were introduced to a whole other side of your personality. Dark himself had only seen it a few times when you were hanging out with Mark, one of your close friends. Something burned inside of him; he wanted to be that close to you, to get past your shell. To experience that other side of you for himself. So, that’s what he set out to do.

For a few months, all you knew was that Dark was being overly-friendly. He would ask you how your day was, actively talk, even play video games with you. At first, you automatically tried to block him out. Tried to shy away, hoping he’d lose interest. He was persistent, though, and you soon found yourself slowly starting to trust him.

Trust was a scary thing for you. You had major trust issues. Normally, it took you a long time to trust someone, but Dark acted like he cared so much, you just couldn’t help it... He’d actually listen intently when you talked, and the more he listened, the more you started opening your mouth and opening up. He seemed to hang on to your every word as if they were his lifeline, as if it was a precious moment to get you to speak. Which, granted, it kind of was. There were two sides to you; either you were completely closed off and incredibly awkward, or silly and eccentric and all over the place. Some people said you fit the Gemini zodiac very well.

Dark put most of his time and effort into hanging out with you, carefully building your trust bit by bit. One day, you were talking about something you were passionate about, and your eyes lit up as if they had galaxies swirling around inside them, and your voice rose and became confident and each word dripped your passion, and Dark found himself struck with how into it he got. This awkward girl who rarely said anything had managed to grab his attention and force him to the edge of his seat by just talking about something she loved. And as Dark sat there, gazing up at you as you stood there with those sparkling eyes, gushing about your favourite thing, Dark felt something in his chest. Something he couldn’t quite... explain. It was this really warm feeling that got stronger the longer he watched you. It was comforting and safe, and filled his chest and shone through his entire being. Dark didn’t know what you were doing to him, but it was taking his breath away, and he liked it.

~~~

“Dark! Dark, look!” You said, bouncing up and down in excitement. You nearly tripped over a chair and Dark saw, stifling a chuckle. He found your clumsiness amusing. Curiously, he never noticed it until you started opening up to him. That, and how disorganized you were. The first time he walked into your room, he found you looking everywhere for your phone and the whole place was a wreck, only to find that it was right there on your desk. He still remembered how you blushed in embarrassment and smiled.

What is it, [Y/n]?” He just loved how you acted when you were excited. The way your whole face would transform from that large grin, how jittery you were, the glow that radiated off of you, spreading contagious smiles.

“Look!” You held up a poster. On it, was a printed digital drawing of the thing you were most passionate about. “My friend drew it and we had it professionally printed!! Isn’t it amazing?” You turned it back around so you could look at it. Dark saw how ecstatic you were and couldn’t help but think, Not as amazing as you.

Yes, it’s impressive.” He said. “Would you like my help pinning it up?” You nodded eagerly.

“I want it right above my desk!” You took off towards your room, and Dark followed, smiling at your antics. He couldn’t believe you were the same introverted, awkward girl he’d met nearly a year ago. Back in your room, you were about to climb up on your chair when Dark stopped you. He didn’t want to risk you falling off, so instead, he reached up and taped your poster up for you. The two of you took a step back and admired it.

“I love it!” You suddenly hugged Dark, causing him to freeze. Then, he hugged you back. The two of you got caught up in the moment and ended up hugging for a while before you let go in embarrassment, your ears turning pink. You started to stammer an apology when suddenly Dark leaned down and shut you up with a kiss.

Surprised, it took you a second before you kissed back. Dark smiled into the kiss and so did you, and you pulled away, grinning goofily. Dark chuckled at your expression and you stuck your tongue out at him, making him laugh loudly. You laughed too and pulled him into another kiss.

Looks like Dark managed to gain your trust.