16: "When is Sirius not bring a prick?"

The first week of November brings excitement for the soon to begin Quidditch season, the first game in just two weeks time. James has begun practicing us harder, twice a week now, and I walk down to the common room Saturday morning with sore limbs and a bruised arm, still in my pyjamas. I basically stumble down the stairs and onto the couch, flopping down next to Sirius and putting my head in his lap, not even caring about my pride anymore. He immediately starts playing with my hair, and I lean into his touch without knowing it.

"Awe, does Jamesy have Ickle Cassykins working a wittle too hard?" He says in a baby voice, and I just groan, snuggling into him and closing my eyes.

"Why don't you go through a two hour practice with him and then come back and make fun of me?" I ask and he chuckles, still combing the tangles out of my hair as James grins.

"You wanna beat Slytherin, Cass?" He asks, and I open my eyes to look at him.

"Yes," I grumble.

"Then this is necessary."

I give him a halfhearted stink eye before closing them again, yawning hugely.

"Full moon tonight," Alice says, and I look at her as she glances my way, "maybe we should sneak to the Shrieking Shack and see if those ghouls really are female."

She waggles her eyebrows as Dorcas snorts.

"That's a horrible idea," Remus says, and I laugh.

"Well, duh." I sit up and face him, "Pretty sure she was joking."

"Right," he says quickly, and a tight lipped smile finds its way onto his face, "Yeah, no, obviously."

I narrow my eyes at him, and he looks away, making me cock my head to the side. I'm about to ask him what he's hiding when Sirius pulls me down so my head is back on his lap.

"Leave the poor guy alone. Girls make him nervous, remember?" He looks into my eyes, and I laugh.

"Shut up," Remus says in annoyance, but he does seem relieved that I'm not scrutinizing him with my gaze anymore.

"So what are your guys' plans for today?" I decide to change the subject, yawning and trying to sit up again, only for Sirius to push me down with his hand on my forehead. I glare at him, and he just smiles innocently, fiddling with my hair as I sigh in defeat.

"Dorcas, Peter, Marlene, Remus, and I have to go to the library to study for our Divination exam," Alice says brightly, and I watch as she glances at Remus and blushes.

"God, you two make me sick," I say, "Stop dancing around your feelings for one another and just date already."

They both turn beet red.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Alice mumbles, staring down at her book once more as I scoff.

"Tell that to your flaming cheeks," I grumble as they look at anywhere but each other.

"Will you guys even be able to drag Marlene out of bed?" Mary asks with a small frown on her glossy lips, "Last night she got in at three, and seemed very insistent on us not waking her up this morning."

"Who was she snogging this time?" Sirius asks, seeming irked.

"What, so it wasn't you?" I tease, and he pulls my hair, "Ow! Okay, jeez. It was a joke."

"Some Ravenclaw kid," Mary says, shrugging as if it's old news, which it likely is.

"Who? Fenwick? Deere?" Sirius persists.

I prod his stomach, "Someone's jealous."

He tugs my hair again, "I am not. I just wanna know what idiot fell for her mind games this time."