Chapter 24

Chloe's Pov

Right now Leah went to get us some food and I was waiting for her. I needed to talk to her about something important.

-1 hour later-

I heard the door open and her footsteps came closer to me.

"Hey babe" Leah said and kissed my cheek. I only smiled at her.

Then we went to the kitchen and I sat in the chair. She put a lot of food in front of me and sat on the other side.

"I have a surprise for you but you have to eat first" Leah said and I nodded smiling.

I started eating. I ate a lot that I've almost exploded. I looked at Leah to see her staring at me smiling lost in her world.

I coughed a little and she got back to the real world and continued eating her food.

When I finished, she got up and took our plates and washed them in the sink.

"Now I'll give you, your surprise" She took my hand and made me stand up.

"Here, wear this hoodie" She gave me a hoodie.

"Why? It's not cold in here?" I asked.

"We're going out" She said and my whole face light up.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, now wear it because I don't want you to get sick" She said and I wore the hoodie quickly making her chuckle.

"Come on let's go" She said and intertwined our hands leading the way.

I can't believe I'm going outside, after a long time.

When Leah opened the door, the fresh breeze air hit me and I sniffed the air enjoying it.

I looked around us to see us surrounded by trees everywhere and there is no one beside us, we are like in the middle of nowhere.

She intertwined our hands again and we started walking around.

We walked in silent for a few minutes until we arrived to a lake.

"Let's sit" She said and we sat in front of the lake. We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Leah?"

"Humm?" She hummed.

"I want to go back to school" I said. Leah turned to look at me.

"What? I think not! Absolutely not, Chloe. Police are looking for you. You can't just show up at school and act like everything is okay"

"I'm going. I don't care if you like it or not" I lifts my head high, proud at my own confidence. Leah glares at me.

"No, Chloe. You are not going back"

My blood boils in my veins "I'm so fucking tired of staying locked in this house and not being able to do anything but sleep, shower and eat. I want my normal life back. I want to go back to school. I want to work and I want to build a future for myself"

"Work?! Chloe, I'm fucking rich! You can have all the fucking money in the world. Stop being ridiculous. What else do you fucking want?" Leah laughs.

"Are you serious?! I don't want your damn money! I want to have my old life back where I get to see my friends! When I actually had freedom!" I yelled and looked straight into her eyes.

"Why? You have me. You don't need them, babe" Leah tried to touch my cheek but I slapped her hand away.

"Fuck, Leah. Why are you being so fucking complicated? I have done everything you have wanted me to do. Why can't you at least give me this?!" Leah groaned.

"Would you stop asking me this right now? I told you I know what I'm doing so no need to be like that. You really need to stop or I will not let you see anyone" Leah angrily said.

"It's not my fucking problem that you kidnapped me and held me as a hostage under your control!! I can't do anything because of you!! You destroyed me!! You destroyed my future!! I made a mistake by loving you again and giving you a second chance. I thought you would get my old life back and get my freedom but I guess I was fucking wrong because you kept me here preventing me from taking back what's mine!!! And you keep wondering why I keep getting angry on you?? I hate you, you don't deserve me, you played me!!" I was practically yelling at her while hitting her chest.

She got a hold of my hands and started dragging me to the house till we got to the room and opened the door pushing me in. I got out of her hold and she locked the door quickly her face showing anger.

"What now? You'll hit me? You haven't changed at all" I know I was adding fuel to the fire but I didn't care right now.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!" Leah yelled at me and held me in the air by my shirt's collar and backed us away until my back hit the wall.

"You know I have anger issues and you keep talking shit, you keep making me angry" Leah whispered in an angry voice.

"What are you gonna do? You can't do anything, you don't scare me anymore" That was a lie, I still get scared of her most of the time especially when anger gets the best of her. Just like now, I was shaking in the inside but I was cold heart at the outside.

She pulled her fist back that was full of anger and hit it right beside my head on the wall "Why are you fucking with my brain right now? Do you want me to hurt you? I'm barely keeping up with myself and now you're making it harder on me" She said in the same tone she used before.

I didn't said anything because I was too scared. She let go of me and went to get out of the door.