5

Sana didn't see Tzuyu for the rest of the week. She did, however, get a text from Tzuyu on Thursday with details about the gala. It was this Saturday night, a formal event, and Tzuyu told Sana she'd arrange for a car to pick her up and bring her to Chou Corp.

Of course, she didn't know that Sana hadn't been in a car since she was twelve years old. She hadn't been able to make herself get in any sort of vehicle since she'd been in the car accident that killed her parents. Even now, she still had nightmares about the crunching sound of metal hitting metal, waking with her mom's scream still ringing in her ears.

Instead, she chose to walk everywhere. She lived in an apartment in the city which made it easy for her to get around, so walking to Chou Corp wouldn't be a problem. She could still remember the trip home from the orphanage. Sara, Haruto and Mina came to pick her up but she refused to get in the car, so instead they walked home. It took over an hour, and they stopped off for ice cream on the way. In that moment Sana loved her new family already.

---

When Saturday came around, Sana could barely focus at work. She'd received a message from Tzuyu that morning, double checking to see if she was still coming. She had text Tzuyu back, reassuring her that she would be there as long as there were potstickers.

Mina came by after she finished work, collapsing onto Sana's sofa. She picked up a pillow and jammed her face in it, letting out a frustrated yell. Sana raised an eyebrow at Mina, as she jammed pins into her hair to keep her chignon in place.

'Bad day at work?'

Mina sighed, sitting up properly and leaning on the pillow. Her face arranged itself in a sober expression. "I'm afraid that's classified," she said, before cracking a smile. It was a running joke between them, as Mina worked for the FBI and was rarely allowed to divulge information.

"We've got a big case at the moment, everyone's a little on edge at headquarters," Mina sighed. Sana was used to Mina's frustration, her job was stressful, and in Sana's opinion, she was overworked. Maybe it's time for another sister night, Sana thought to herself.

Sana walked over to her clothes rack, rifling through her dresses. She narrowed her options down to two. The black looked more professional and classy, but Sana thought the purple brought out her eyes better. She hesitated, before turning around and holding them up for Mina to see.

"Purple," Mina answered for her, "it's your colour, and make sure you wear it with the nude coloured shoes." Sana signed a thank you at her, before changing into the dress. She applied some lipstick and slipped the heels on, turning to Mina for her approval.

'How do I look?'

"Perfect, now you better get going or you're going to be late for your date," Mina replied. Sana rolled her eyes, shooting Mina an exasperated look, which was ruined by the blush flooding her face.

'It's not a date, we're just friends,' Sana protested.

Mina laughed, pushing Sana towards the door. "Okay, whatever you say, but just so you know, you've spent more time fussing over this gala than you have about any date you've ever been on, so I'm pretty sure it's a date."

Opening the door, Mina picked Sana's clutch up off the counter, handing it to her, as she herded her through the door. "Have fun on your date, stay safe, don't stay out too late, and I love you," Mina instructed, her overprotective side showing, as she grabbed a coat for Sana to wear over her dress.

---

Sana approached Chou Corp, joining the line of people queuing up to get inside. Once she reached the front of the line the woman at the door flashed her a smile, "Good evening, may I see your invitation please?" she asked.