10

They'd been dating for a little over two months, although Tzuyu was hesitant to label it. Sana was okay with that, knowing that it was Tzuyu's first relationship.

It was like Sana had come alive and broken out of the box of her normal life. They ate lunch together, and Tzuyu became a permanent fixture at drinks every Friday night. She got along great with Wonwoo, the two of them spending hours talking about mechanics and technology.

Tzuyu took Sana to expensive restaurants and upscale art museums, and Sana took Tzuyu to the cinema and ice skating. Tzuyu still come into the library every couple of days, surprising Sana at work and picking up another one of Sana's favourite books, and Sana became a frequent visitor at C-Corp, bringing Tzuyu flowers and making sure she left the office occasionally. Sometimes late at night they would walk to Sana's park and walk around the pond hand in hand, feeding the ducks some bread.

The more time they spent together, the more they learnt about each other, and the closer they became, picking up each other's habits and vocabulary. Sana had been thinking about introducing Tzuyu to Sara soon, wanting her adoptive mom's approval. She wanted Tzuyu to be included in her family, seeing as she wasn't close to her own. Mina had suggested that Sana bring Tzuyu to Thanksgiving at their mom's house so that Sara could meet her.

They filled in the gaps for each other, and everything was perfect.

They are happy.

---

Mark and Eunha were in town, so the next Friday night, they skipped the bar and everyone met at one of the more popular clubs. Wonwoo couldn't make it this Friday because he had a World of Warcraft tournament with his computer friends.

"Sana!" Tzuyu squealed, pulling her into a hug as soon as she saw her. Smiling widely, Sana embraced Mark as well, happy to have her friends back in town. She hadn't seen them in a few months and she missed them. She was excited to introduce them to Tzuyu though.

'This is Tzuyu' she signed, gesturing to Tzuyu.

Mark had actually photographed and interviewed Tzuyu before, when she still lived in Taiwan, and fell into an easy conversation about C-Corp and Mark's latest article he was working on.

Chaeyoung and Mina showed up not long after, Chaeyoung complaining about having to drag Mina away from work, and the party got started. Tzuyu had used her name to snag VIP access for them, so they all settled down in one of the large booths, away from the dancefloor.

They all caught up over a few drinks, laughing at the stories Eunha and Mark told. The tipsier they got they got tipsier as the night wore on, and Eunha decided talking time was over and dragged Mark over to the dancefloor.

Sana raised her eyebrows at Mina, smiling widely at her.

"Oh no, you're not getting me up there," Mina argued, understanding what Sana was getting at. Sana protested, gesturing at Chaeyoung to help her out. Chaeyoung just shrugged.

"Your sister's not the dancing type Minatozaki," Chaeyoung said, matter of factly.

Sana shot Chaeyoung a confused look.

'Not the dancing type? So Mina didn't tell you about her wild college parties?'

"No way, I have to see this," Chaeyoung laughed, dragging Mina out of the booth. Mina sighed, giving in easily as Chaeyoung led them onto the dancefloor.

Sana turned to Tzuyu, smiling at her.

'Your turn' she signed, sliding to the end of the seat and pulling Tzuyu along with her.

"No, definitely not, I don't dance," Tzuyu protested. Her sign language had improved a lot over the past two months, and they didn't have to rely on the whiteboard quite as much.

'Everyone dances' Sana signed back, gesturing towards the heaving crowd moving with the beat.

'You don't have to be a good dancer to dance, and you can't be worse than me' Sana silently laughed as she replied.

Tzuyu rolled her eyes, giving in as she scooted along the bench. Sana threw her hands up in victory, leaning in to give Tzuyu a quick kiss in thanks.

Sana had been right. There was no way Tzuyu could have been worse than her. She didn't even dance in time with the music, and Tzuyu had no idea where she got her dance moves from. She thought it was adorable. Sana clearly didn't care, she was too drunk and having too much fun.

---

They didn't leave until the club closed in the early hours of the morning. Everyone stumbled out of the club, too drunk to stand properly. Tzuyu, probably the soberest out of them all, held Sana up as she swayed on her feet.

Everyone was waiting for a cab, and Sana hugged everyone goodbye as one pulled up alongside them. Mina cast a worried look at Sana, who she knew wouldn't get into the cab even in her drunken state.

"It's okay, I'll make sure she gets home safe," Tzuyu promised Mina, as Chaeyoung slipped into the back of the cab next to Eunha.

"Thank you, I'll see you later," Mina replied, sliding in after Chaeyoung.

"Come on, let's get you home," Tzuyu said, smiling to Sana, whose head was resting on Tzuyu's shoulder.

Placing Sana's arm around her shoulder, Tzuyu took half of her weight and got Sana to start walking forward. They staggered home towards Sana's apartment.

---

Tzuyu half carried Sana up the stairs, trying to be quiet so she didn't wake up the neighbours. Stopping outside Sana's door, she propped her up against the wall, digging into Sana's pocket for her key.

Flicking the lights on, Tzuyu led Sana inside, shutting the door behind her.

"Come on, let's get you into bed," Tzuyu whispered, leading Sana towards her bedroom.

Tzuyu sat Sana down on the edge of the bed, catching her as she fell forwards. Sana shoulders shook with silent giggles as Tzuyu sat her back up and she flopped backwards. She laid there staring at the ceiling, still giggling, as Tzuyu took her shoes off for her.

Pulling the sheets back, Tzuyu dragged Sana up the bed, resting her against the pillows as Sana smiled at her. She helped Sana out of her jumper and jeans, and took her hair out for her so she'd be more comfortable. Covering her with the quilt, Tzuyu slid Sana's glasses off, placing them on the bedside table.

"Stay here," she whispered, walking out of the bedroom.

She came back a moment later with a glass of water and some aspirin, putting them down next to Sana's glasses, ready for the morning. Tzuyu figured that Sana was in for a not so fun hangover tomorrow.

She brushed Sana's hair out of her face, smiling at her as Sana squinted up at her through half-closed eyes. A slow smile spread across Sana's face as she pulled Tzuyu down towards her, placing a clumsy kiss on her lips. Tzuyu pulled back slowly.

"Sana, that's not a good idea," Tzuyu whispered, stroking Sana's cheekbone with her thumb. A little frown line formed between Sana's eyebrows as she gave Tzuyu a confused look, signing something at her. The movements were clumsy, but Tzuyu's breathing hitched as she understood what Sana was saying.

'But I love you'

Tzuyu knew it didn't mean anything. Sana was drunk, she wasn't her usual self, and she wouldn't remember it in the morning.

She smiled sadly down at Sana, "I wish I could hear you say it."

Once Sana had passed out, Tzuyu placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and stood up. She made her way outside, switching the lights off and locking the door as she went. She flagged down the next taxi she saw, heading back to her apartment.