13

A few weeks later it was Thanksgiving. Sana and Tzuyu took the train to Midvale, along with Mina, Chaeyoung and Wonwoo. Tzuyu was trying to stay calm about meeting Sara. So far she'd gotten along great with Mina and the rest of Sana's friends, but this was Sana's mom. Tzuyu didn't get along great with Tessa, but she knew that Sana loved Sara and she wanted to make a good impression.

Once the train pulled into the station and they all disembarked, Mina, Chaeyoung and Wonwoo piled into a taxi with everyone's luggage, making their way to the Minatozaki's house. Looping her arm through Tzuyu's, Sana started walking. It wasn't a long walk to the house, and Sana got to show Tzuyu some of her favourite places in Midvale as they strolled along.

---

They climbed the porch steps and Tzuyu took a deep breath, steadying herself. Sana smiled, squeezing Tzuyu's hand and gave her a quick kiss before opening the front door. She took Tzuyu's coat and placed it on a hook next to her own, listening to the muffled whispers coming from the living room.

Smiling, Sana dragged Tzuyu into the living room. She wasn't worried, Sara was so open and loving, it would be almost impossible for her to not like Tzuyu.

"Hi sweetie, come give me a hug," Sara smiled, opening her arms as she got up off the sofa. Sana's face lit up as she ran into her arms, squeezing her tightly as she kissed Sara on the cheek. Pulling back slightly Sara studied her youngest daughter's face, smiling as she pulled her in for another quick hug.

Smiling widely, Sana took Sara's hand and pulled her over to Tzuyu, who was lingering in the doorway, looking nervous. Sana picked up Tzuyu's hand too, giving it another quick squeeze before dropping it.

'Mom, this is Tzuyu. Tzuyu this is my mom, Sara'

Sana was smiling widely as she introduced them to each other, her eyes crinkling at the corners. She was so excited to finally introduce Tzuyu to her mom.

"It's lovely to meet you Mrs Minatozaki, thank you for having me," Tzuyu smiled, holding out a hand for Sara to shake. She let out a surprised sound as Sara wrapped her in a hug, kissing her on the cheek.

"You're very welcome Tzuyu, and please call me Sara."

Tzuyu smiled in relief, her nerves calming now that she'd gotten the introduction out of the way. She just hoped the rest of the weekends would go just as smoothly.

"These are for you," Tzuyu said, pulling two bottles of wine out of her bag. Sana rolled her eyes, she'd told Tzuyu she didn't have to bring anything, but of course she hadn't listened.

"Oh, thank you!" Sara exclaimed, giving Tzuyu's arm a gently squeeze before she took the two bottles, "I'll go and put these in the kitchen, make yourself at home, Tzuyu."

Sana beamed at Tzuyu, kissing her forehead before they sat down on the sofa. "You can relax now," Mina smirked at Tzuyu, who let out a nervous laugh.

"That wasn't as bad as I thought," Tzuyu smiled wrapping an arm around Sana's waist.

"Don't worry, I was the same the first time I met Sara," Chaeyoung confessed, flashing Tzuyu a dimpled smile, "and I don't get nervous that often, so that's saying something."

Mina laughed, "out of all the things to get nervous about, it was my mom?" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, nudging Mina with her elbow.

"But that was before I met her," Chaeyoung argued, "your mom loves me now."

Sana smiled, she loved watching Mina and Chaeyoung. You could see the love in the way that they looked at each other, in their smiles, in their gentle touches. They didn't have to say it, it was just obvious, it's like they were connected by an invisible force.