14

A few weeks later winter came.

Sana stepped out of the elevator at C-Corp, waving at Jess as she walked past her desk and headed towards Tzuyu's office. She didn't notice Jess' silent, wide-eyed warning, but as she got closer she could hear a raised voice.

She hesitated outside the door when she heard Tzuyu yelling. Knocking twice, Sana opened the door just enough to poke her head in. Tzuyu whirled around, her face stony and her eyes blazing with anger. Sana shrunk back, closing the door before Tzuyu could react.

She'd never seen Tzuyu so angry before.

The yelling cut off and the door opened two seconds later. Tzuyu stood there awkwardly, looking down at the floor as Sana walked in. She sighed as she shut the door and walked over to her desk. Sitting down, Tzuyu put her head in her hands, exhaling slowly before she looked up. Sana was watching her with concern, but Tzuyu wouldn't meet her eyes.

"Sorry about that," Tzuyu said, barely concealing her anger as she picked up her tablet, tapping the screen with unnecessary force.

Sana reached out and lifted Tzuyu's chin up, forcing her to look at her. Tzuyu's shoulders dropped as she sighed again, closing her eyes for a moment. She could see the questions written all over Sana's face.

"I'm fine," Tzuyu uttered, rubbing her forehead as she looked back down at the tablet. Her gaze flashed back up as she saw Sana's hands move.

'You're clearly not fine, you can-' She stopped signing as Tzuyu slammed her tablet down on the counter.

"I said I don't want to talk about it," Tzuyu snapped.

Sana flinched at the steel in Tzuyu's voice, her hands falling uselessly into her lap. Tzuyu saw the hurt flash across Sana's face and immediately regretted snapping at her.

"Fuck. I'm so sorry, Sana." Tzuyu whispered, looking ashamed. Sana picked up her bag and stood up.

'It's fine, you obviously have a lot going on, I'll just call you later'

Tzuyu shot out of her seat, reaching across the desk to try and touch Sana.

"No, please don't go, I'm sorry," she begged, "I know it's not an excuse, but it's been a long day."

Sana hesitated, and Tzuyu took that opportunity to walk over to her. She gently kissed Sana, cradling her head between her hands.

"I'm sorry," Tzuyu apologised again, "look, I'll get my things and we can leave."

---

Tzuyu had made reservations at a new Chinese restaurant, hoping that Sana would enjoy it there. The food was amazing, but Sana couldn't enjoy it knowing that something was going on with Tzuyu. She had barely said anything all through the meal.

They were supposed to be going ice skating afterwards. It was a couple of weeks before Christmas and the outdoor ice skating rink had been set up. Sana had gone every year since she had moved to National City, dragging Mina or Wonwoo with her to get peppermint hot chocolates and skate for a few hours. She had been excited to go with Tzuyu, but now she was considering just going home and coming back another night.

Tzuyu paid for the meal and took Sana's hand, walking outside. "Okay, which way is it to this Winter Wonderland?" she asked, flashing a small smile at Sana.

'Maybe we should just go back to mine' Sana signed.

"What? No! I said we'd go so we're going," Tzuyu argued, "come on Sana, please can we just have a good night?"