21

Things were looking up for both of them.

Their bruises slowly faded and scabs healed, and besides Sana's new pink scars and the dark shadows under Tzuyu's eyes, all signs of the accident had disappeared. All external signs anyway.

Tzuyu had been forced to start spending nights at her apartment, and she woke up screaming almost every night, her heart pounding as she shook away the bad dream. She would frantically search next to her for Sana, before realising that she was at her apartment in her own bed, and Sana was still in hospital. Only then would she be able to calm herself down. Soon she stopped sleeping altogether though, spending her nights catching up on paperwork that she didn't have time for whilst she was at the hospital.

Sana worried about Tzuyu. She was stuck in hospital, surrounded by care and support. Anything she wanted she just had to ask for and Tzuyu would get it for her in an instant. She was at Sana's side from the moment visiting hours opened, a fresh bouquet of plumerias and a coffee with her every morning, to the moment they closed. The bags under her eyes worried Sana the most. Except for those, Tzuyu seemed fine. But this bags made it clear that she wasn't taking care of herself properly, devoting all of her time to Sana. Not that Sana didn't love spending every moment with Tzuyu, but she wished that she'd take some time for herself. Even when she went home, Sana knew that Tzuyu spent all of her time working. Tzuyu waved away all of Sana's concerns though, insisting that she was fine.

They let Sana out of the hospital two months later.

She traded in the hospital bed for a wheelchair, still incapable of even so much as wiggling one of her toes. Sana and Tzuyu both had their casts removed after six weeks, and a couple of weeks after that, Sana had the pins and braces removed. The biggest relief was when the wire was removed from her jaw. Just the thought of eating real, solid food was enough to get Sana excited as she packed everything up and got ready to go home.

---

The next day she was allowed to go home.

Home was Tzuyu's apartment, as her own didn't have an elevator, and dragging her wheelchair up and down flights of stairs was going to be extremely difficult. Tzuyu had spent all week getting her apartment ready for Sana to stay there. She made sure everything Sana would need was within reach if she was sat in her wheelchair, and that she would be able to move around the apartment freely. She made multiple trips back and forth Sana's apartment, packing up small things that Sana might need, and other things that would make Sana feel more at home at her place. It made no difference where Sana stayed though, as long as she had Tzuyu. Anywhere was home with her. Either way, she couldn't wait to sleep in a proper bed, to finally be able to wrap her arms around Tzuyu as they fell asleep next to each other. It was everything she had been dreaming about for the past five months.

Wonwoo came to the hospital to help Tzuyu take her home. They wheeled her outside, and she cherished the feeling of fresh air and the wind on her face as they made their way towards the car. Ironically enough, jumping in front of a moving car to save the girl she loved had helped her get over not only the trauma causing her to be mute, but also her fear of getting in cars. Sana let Wonwoo lift her out of the chair and place her in the car, doing her seatbelt up for her before he got in the front seat.

Tzuyu drove them to her apartment, and they managed to get Sana back into her chair and upstairs without any issues.

"Okay, well I'll let you settle in," Wonwoo said, putting down Sana's bag and giving her a hug. "I'll see you later."

Tzuyu showed him out before she walked back in. She hesitated at the end of the hallway, watching Sana as she looked around the room. Her eyes found Tzuyu's and she smiled.