/Prologue/

Before you continue, I would like to say that this story has another part and was posted on my active (not that much, ngl) account. The name's jeeyn_kold. So yeah, that's all! Thanks ~

Also, I've been wanting to edit this so yeah, please forgive me for my laziness. This was written 3 years ago (i think, IT WAS ONE OF MY FIRST STORIES, OKAY!) so forgive with the grammar, I'll work on it.

_________

Love is the most complicated thing and yet people are still looking for it. It's quite overrated, if you'll ask me.

Right now, I am walking in the street and everywhere I go, I see couples from left and right.

It's Valentine's Day so I'm not that surprise that many couples are walking around happily.

I sat on the bench, observing the people with their partners. Normally, people would see couples walking with their hands attached.

But not me.

I can see the strings attached to their pinky fingers.

"I love you." I turned as I heard the guy who was sitting on the other bench spoke. I saw the sincerity in his eyes. I could say that he loves that girl.

I smiled bitterly.

'Too bad you guys are not meant for each other.' I thought.

I saw the redstrings attached to his finger was tangled with the girl.

It only means that they're meant to meet but not for each other.

Maybe you are wondering what are redstrings.

Redstrings are strings attached to someone's finger and they're connected to the person who is meant for them. Your true love to be exact.

Strings can be tangled but can't be broken.

That is the reason why people tend to meet other people. The people they meet will cross their lives if the redstrings are tangled with the other person. Some people think that they were destined to love each other forever, but truth is... no.

'If there are redstrings already why do people choose the person who's not meant for them?'

Because they just can't. Redstrings are invisible. No one can see it.

But I do. I was born with this kind of... I don't know— power?

At first, it was nothing for me. I could see redstrings, everywhere, every time my family goes out.

I didn't bother to ask my parents. Which, I don't really know why.

But one day they asked me. They asked me if I'm seeing things that normal people don't see.

They found out about it from an old lady who's a fortune teller.

As I grew up, I became aware of these strings. I watched a movie about these redstrings. People think it's just fiction.

So I told to my parents. I ask them why I keep on seeing things like that.

I can also see those with them. The famous redstrings. Every time they are close together, I noticed that the strings become smaller and if they are far from each other the redstrings tend to stretch or extend.

Cool, isn't?

Maybe you're thinking that I'm lucky to have this kind of 'attribute.' I can see who's meant for me or tell who are the people who would be just part of my life.'

But you're thinking it wrong.

I can't see my own redstring.

Am I meant for someone?

___________________________________