102 money

the year 3s were all gathering in the auditorium.
the school leaders were presenting on the next step of their journey. the year 3s from takraw were all gathered together at one corner of the auditorium. it was a q&a session if they had any doubts or was just curious.

"where you going after this?",yuta asked wonwoo. "i dont know, maybe go and try to compete nationally?",the 7 of them turned to wonwoo and nodded.

"i hear a little buzz from the takraw team over there on the top corner...do you have questions for us?",mr rooney, the head of their year, then asked the PA team to passed the mic to them.

the 8 of them then nudged each other to ask a question. "i wish bambam was here, he would have thousands of question",seungcheol said softly. jordan getting annoyed with the scene they're making, she slammed down her laptop.

"ok stop it, ill do it",jordan stood up. doyoung, yuta, taeyong, johnny, seungcheol, wonwoo and junhui all made alot of unnecessarily noise to cheer on jordan. everyone turned to them. "what if i decide to not pursue a career path in whatever im doing right now here?",she asked. hearing her say that, her coach turned to her with a confused and suprised expression.

the mic then got passed back to the bottom. "i see you're considering to go back?",taeyong who was sitting beside her whispered. "i didnt say anything",jordan looked at taeyong as she went back on her laptop.

"that's a rare one because most of our students actually did something related. some of them became coaches, compete nationally, went abroad to join a team...",mr rooney went on to babble about those who succeeded with their passion.

"that was not my question!",she shouted from where she was sitting. the whole auditorium started laughing. the boys all laughed and continuously slapped her shoulders.

"all i can say is i would understand if my students choose to do other stuff because to start of all of your grades are above average so its easy to do something new when your grades are good",mr rooney said.

"well guess i can't do something new",wonwoo chuckled. "you gotta do something about your grades man",taeyong said to him. "i did but nothing went in",wonwoo laughed. junhui just laughed agreeing along with him.

"well coach you gave me a leading expression...",jordan thought as she stared at her uncle who was busy on his phone despite being on stage.

"dont do those stuff here in public, theres cameras everywhere stupid",taeyong whispered as he saw jordan computer screen. "you dont think im that dumb do you?",jordan questioned her brother.

"i have a private screen protector",she said and smiled cheekily at her brother. the q&a session went on. "by the way when are the year 1s coming again?",she turned to johnny.

"in a few days but they will come slowly because they have until the end of the month to settle in their dorms",johnny told her. "are you able to handle them alone?",jordan asked.

"maybe? but atleast you should be around for their orientation week.",johnny turned towards jordan and gave her a smile. the smile that he already determined she has to be there. "im not sure but ill see what i can do...ill try",jordan replied but johnny turned so quick to her when she said 'try'.

he furrowed his eyebrows and his smile dropped. "whatever then, do whatever you want",johnny said bluntly,he didnt even look at jordan anymore. it was a first and jordan was flustered. "plus one on problems to handle then.",jordan thought and off her laptop as she leaned back to rest her head on the chair.

after the segment finished, jordan left the auditorium with taeyong. as they were walking to the cafe on their school grounds, their coach called out for them.
the two siblings turned back to see their coach running after them.

"what happened, uncle?",taeyong asked. "lets go get coffee, i have something to discuss",their uncle said and they all headed to the cafe.

taeyong walked ahead with his uncle. jordan turned back to see johnny with the guys. its the first time johnny was sulking with her. jordan didnt understand why he would act that way, it was just a small matter. she caught up to her brother and uncle, wondering her uncle has to say now.

as soon as they reached the cafe and got their orders they sat down. "so uncle what's up?",taeyong asked. their uncle then looked at jordan. jordan knew what was coming. "are you rea-",their uncle was about to finished his sentence when jordan got up and said that the cakes look appetising. "im going to get a cake for myself",she then proceed to order.

taeyong shook his head,he knew too well that his sister is trying to avoid whatever their uncle had in mind. taeyong then stood up and went to his sister. "dont be so rude, listen to what he has to say",taeyong clearly said in a firm tone.

"what? im just buying a slice of cake for myself, how is that rude?",jordan acted dumb. taeyong sighed and went back to his seat.

when jordan was back, she then allowed her uncle to talk. "ok back to what i was saying, are you really going to not pursue a career in sports?",now it was not their uncle who spoked, they were talking to their coach.

"im not sure. why are you so worried uncle?",jordan simply answered as she took a bite of the cake. "no...i-its a bit of a waste if you just let it go...",their uncle stuttered.

"body language not so confident and stuttering",jordan thought as she raised her eyebrows at how her uncle is acting.

"why? i understand if its a waste...you still have the other guys to take credit for...",jordan said implying the fact that he can make money of them if he wanted it so bad.

jordan leaned forward and stared at her uncle,"money. thats the problem here, not me going to pursue a career or not, its going to benefit you if i did and if i didnt you would lose your source of income that's why you are nervous",jordan stated one of the reason why her uncle was acting weird at the mention of career these days.

her uncle was just trying to process whatever his niece just said. he was laughing softly and his aura was totally different from before.

"alex.",taeyong firmly said. he didnt want his little sister to be rude. jordan sat back and shrugged her shoulders in defeat. "alright, ill shut up, lets listen to what uncle has to say",jordan said with a blank expression.

"its not that...ive seen you grow so much along with your brother and how the two of you came here to live a normal life",the counter attack was coming.

"and now i am giving you the normal the two of you want. why the sudden change of thoughts then? scared that if the organisation falls on to my hands, everything will be gone for the two of you?",her uncle facial expression changed. there was a sinister smile plastered on his face.

as soon as jordan saw that smile, she stood up immediately and almost grabbing her uncle by the collar. fortunately, taeyong was fast enough to stop her. now almost everyone near the cafe and the entrance area saw them.

jordan kicked the chair behind her and grabbed her phone along with her coffee. "no wonder you wanted me to come here so much.",jordan spat out whatever he promised back then.

"you knew that dad wanted the two of us to take over the organisation thats why you kept us occupied with the sport we grew up with.",jordan said.

"well. thats on you i guess, even if you tell your dad, he wouldnt really believe would he? im the youngest among the siblings and your dad being the oldest, he favours me the most, im his favourite younger brother",he rubbed it in our face. it was true. their dad would listen to whatever their uncle say, thats why taeyong and jordan was sent here.

jordan was in disbelief. she left her brother and uncle there and then. "normal life my foot,people would do anything for money these days",jordan cursed in her mind. so much for being her favourite uncle.