s p e c i a l : c h a r l i e

"It's not my story to tell."
Lucy looked very confused, but that can't be helped. I know she's still doubting everything right now, and that's completely normal.

"Just a piece of advice from your oppa, don't waste any second. If you feel something towards another person, never let it pass."

I looked up at Jeno enjoying the stage. That lucky motherfucker.

"Don't be too late." My eyes immediately focused at her. That girl who got no business of making me feel like a lovesick puppy that I don't want to be. I swore never not to be.

What does love gives you? It's a pain in the ass, it's just a bother. Love is an illusion. If I am to be direct, people marry for sex. That's why they divorce, that's why they leave each other. Just like how my mother and father separated just because they think they don't click together. Hilarious.

But that perception changed when I met her. The memory still vivid on my mind.

•••

"Starting today, I will do my best to cheer for everyone."
Chesca, Jed's sister smiled widely.

Annoying. That's what crossed my mind at first. Why does she smile so bright? Why does her smile look happy? Why... why is she giving me a smile that comforts?

"You're working too hard."
I felt a cold thing touched my left cheek.

She put the orange juice carton on the table.

"Go away, you're distracting me."

She scoffed, totally unfazed. If she was any other girl, she would've cried and left in a heartbeat, but this girl is something else. She's something I can't decipher and I don't like that. I don't like things I don't understand.

"You're too grumpy."
She started tying her hair to a ponytail. "Short people are always grumpy because they got nowhere to contain the bad vibes."

If she was a man I would've punched him. She's annoying.

I continued strumming. My hands felt numbed against these old strings I forgot to buy new ones. I hissed after another strum.

"May I see?"
She didn't give any chance for me to react, she pulled my hands and wrapped a turtle themed bandaid on my fingers.

"I can't play like this."

She stared at me. That was the first time ever I saw her serious.
"Who told you you will keep practicing? Rest your fingers, idiot."

I bit the insides of my cheek. Who is she to call me names and scold me? I pulled my hands away from her. Not even looking back, I went to go outside.

•••

That girl... She was jumping along the beat caring less about the people around. The usual jolly smile and crescent eyes.

That girl that I can't have.

➢ ➣➢ ➣
diz just a small background abt Charlie my meow meow i am willing to do more if you guys want it? this is just a filler bc my update was not on time sorry sorry hehe. any thoughts?
tnx for reading love yall 💜