MTM.35

auntie, please

My ears popped.

Morpheus let his hands drop, falling onto my legs and clasping my thighs. The pictures hanging on the walls whirled, turned and flipped as I gazed feverishly across the room. My sight locked and unlocked on unknown objects, things that were aged, and things that you would never find in a human's home. The new reality continued to spin around me.

"It is still ringing."

I held my wrist up, rubbing it over one of my eyebrows and then dragging it down the rest of my face. Anything else besides the resonating ding that occupied and distracted both of my ears was near silent, repeating constantly. Glancing over to him, I ignored his words without realizing he had even said a thing, and asked feebly, "Why did he lie?" My head shook as theories, impressions, and assumptions began to shape themselves all throughout my perplexed mind. And, I quickly added on, "What was the point?"

"You're confused," Morpheus' lips moved, and as I read them, his voice grew in volume. In a comforting manner, he leaned in and rested his face against my chest, breathing in my scent. If my shirt didn't cover every single inch of my top half, then the persistent encouragement from the mate bond would be working ten times as hard. My eyes widened, and my jaw nearly dropped and landed straight on top of his head. My mouth suddenly became mute as my mind screamed, 'Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God', over and over again.

Confusion seemed to be a consistent feeling—ever since I had met him.

"Thank you for the clarification," I strained, swallowing hard as my face heated up, and images of what happened the last time we were together taunted me while I stayed stuck in his close embrace. You came here for answers, Emery, okay? Answers. "It was definitely needed."

"There is no need to worry, my mate," he reassured, a rasping purr coated his speech as he snuggled into my bust without a single lick of shame. And, he wrapped his arms tighter around me. Holding me in place.

I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth, the next thing I was about to say wasn't exactly a mystery to anyone, and I nonchalantly acknowledged, "That's not really my forte."

"Mate," he sooked, humming lowly as he adjusted to nuzzle his nose into the crook of my neck, "you are so soft."

"Thank you?" I thanked questionably, tilting my head to the side as I puckered my lips in thought. Strange. The flickers of the mate bond danced along our touching skin, a feeling that was shared between just the two of us.

"There is more," he suddenly told me. Breaking our cuddle and leaning back into his seat, watching my every move as I found myself levitating towards him.

"How much mo-" a quiet gasp escaped me as I caught the way his eyes narrowed, glaring as they unexpectedly glazed over. A vicious snarl rolled off his tongue, and his hands reached out towards me to lift me straight off the desk and into his arms. Morpheus speedily folded my legs, bent my arms, and shaped my body into a safely formed clump.

So, there I was, tucked in behind his thick arms. Invisible. Hidden. Unnoticeable. Even the fresh fragrance of citrus was masked by his natural musk.

Morpheus emitted a loud growl, one that resonated deep within my bones, and sounded off the walls as though it was an alarm.

A series of frantic knocks hit at the office door. Banging harshly. And, my body involuntarily leaped into the air, but his hand rubbed at the side of my thigh and detained me. The door was slammed open with a strong force, and a panic-stricken lone pack patrol in uniform appeared in the now open doorway, his face deathly pale and his chest racing. The racket echoed through the room, pausing us for a trifling moment of time.