Chapter 29

"You thought so too right?" Leaning on the table Minnie shot me a playful look. She is really playing with me right now and I'm not letting her play me...or so I thought.

I avoided her eyes and focused on the booth where our drinks are being made fearing that I may be too obvious that I'm so affected.

"Actually they're just best friends." My eyes almost shifted to her direction but I managed to let it stay in place. Pretending to not be too invested in the topic, I even managed a sigh.

"They could only be best friends." Eunwoo mocked. He stuck his tongue out at me jokingly as he laughed.

"Really?" Disbelief was obvious by the way she spoke. I gulped silently and turned to her and giving her a smile.

"Of cours-"

"Enough about us." I cut Eunwoo and Minnie off by clapping my hands and awkwardly laughed.

"Tell us more about you Irene." Managing to escape the topic I asked her. Her eyes lit up and her small lips curved as well as her almost shut eyes.

"Oh no, there's nothing interesting about me." Shaking her head quickly she laughed.

"I'm sure you have a lot of interesting stories! Tell us about what you usually do." Words came out faster than it processed in my mind. Figuring out that I haven't smiled and maybe I intimidated her, I stretched the corners of my lips to the side. I saw Sehun looking at me in my periphery, slowly I moved my head to the side so I couldn't see him much.

"Well... if you insist." She inhaled and slowly exhaled through her pursed lips. "This is gonna be a long story." She laughed and started to talk about some random stuff about her life.

Apparently, her parents aren't her biological ones. They're her aunt and uncle which were friends with her late mother who died of childbirth. They are working various jobs to support their family, her aunt and uncle are divers that scavenge for fish and clams to bring here in the island where it would get resold and the shells that they brought would be made into jewelries.

"Oh? Jewelries, does that include golds? The locket you're wearing, that's gold right?" Eunwoo asked, starting to get curious about the treasures that the island holds. I rolled my eyes and shot him a judging look.

Irene's eyes drew down to her sun shaped locket dangling freely outside her shirt. A vast of emotions swept across her eyes as her hands lightly touched the locket.

"This is my mother's. Before she died, she had already placed this inside my blanket." We went silent, Eunwoo's mouth parted as his eyes fluttered. He looked at me in panic, his eyes shouting for help.

I bit my lips wanting to kick his feet under this small table. I guess it's my cue to apologize?

"I'm sorry he asked-"

"Uh, it's really okay!" Irene immediately said, we looked at her in synch. Her eyes that were distant for a second lit up and smiled fully. "It's been so long already, so it's okay now." She assured us. I smiled and was about to thank her for understanding when he spoke.

"No it's not okay." We all turned to Sehun who spoke for the first time to her. My heart started to race just hearing his voice.

He sounds irritated.

My mind quickly started to formulate a reason why he suddenly spoke, did he just defend Irene? I'm afraid to look at him, my head froze trying to calm my chaotic mind.

"You should apologize." He ordered with a stern voice making me look at their direction instantly.

His eyes weren't on her like I expected but he turned to Eunwoo and the corner of his lips rose.

"Why should Sejeong apologize for you?" My heart thumped inside my chest, it could be compared to a horse's shoes repeatedly drumming inside.

So he was angry for that?

It made me smile inside but it didn't help with the stiff situation we're in as Sehun's body started to lean on Eunwoo. My hands went to his arm, gripping it tightly pulling his body closer to me .

"What's wrong with you?" Eunwoo asked, his face is also turning serious.

"I don't like it when you make her apologize for nothing." My grip tightened.

"Sehunie." I warned him. He didn't seem to hear me when his other hand made it's way to Eunwoo's collar, snapping the button on his shirt.

"I don't like you acting this way too!" Eunwoo's voice raised. The others looked at us in panic, Eunwoo had never once raised his voice in front of others, seeing Sehun holding him by the collar gave them the idea that they're about to fight.

"Oh my." Minnie and Irene stood up in shock.

"Apologize." I stood up and pulled him up.

"Sehunie. That's enough." This is not a game anymore, he is seriously pissed off. He stood up and pushed out his chair to the sand. Once he stood up completely, my hands wrapped around his entire arm firmly. If I let go of him now, I don't know what he'll end up doing.

"Come on, let's leave." I gritted my teeth. I began to feel the nervousness manifest on my legs that are now wobbling of fear. I shot a look at Eunwoo who's face is different from the one that I'm used to see everyday. His lips are together as his jaw is clenched, his eyebrows meeting as his eyes shot Sehun a murderous look.

"Eunwoo, stop that. Sehunie come with me." Pulling him slowly with strength was all I could do, he wouldn't budge, not a single step.

"Eunwoo, let it go." Timothy went near him. Grabbing his shoulders tightly, Timothy's eyes looked at me in confusion.

Don't ask me, I have no clue why they suddenly started to act like this.

Sehun wouldn't budge still. I'm really starting to get worried, my eyes started to feel heavy.

"Sorry Sejie." Eunwoo spoke with a hard voice. My eyes looked up to him, his eyes turned soft when he saw me. I shook my head.

"It's okay." I assured him. I turned to Sehun and tugged him.

"He apologized. Now, please follow me." Desperation is evident on my voice, my hands started to get cold and wet. His arm started to get relaxed, he slowly turned to me. His once hard eyes returned back to normal, as his eyes searched my face.

"Please." I mouthed to him. His eyes dropped to my lips.

He sighed and nodded, I didn't let another second pass as I quickly dragged him away from the crowd. He picked up on my fast paced walk as I worriedly walked him to a vacant corner away from the buzzing crowd.

The sounds of the waves crashing along the shores is all we could here, as well as my heavy breathing. I let go of his arm and dropped it like hot potato, combing my hair behind my ears I turned to him.

"What the heck was that?!" My voice rang. His eyes turned dark again, as if he was recalling what happened earlier.

"I hated how he made you-."

"Are you serious?!" I hysterically shout at him. "Just for that reason you want to fight him?! I never expected you to be a simpleton!"

"It's not just because of that." He gritted his teeth, licking his upper lips in a rush. I closed my eyes and combed my hair back in frustration.

"Then tell me why you had to be unreasonable?!" I asked. Opening my eyes, I was greeted by his dark brown eyes, casting a glance at mine. He smirked and bobbed his head up.

"You wanna know why?" He calmly asked.

"Yes! Tell me the reason!" Impatiently I shout.

"I don't like it when he looks at you with those eyes! I hate it when he makes you laugh! I am jealous when you two can easily read each others mind! I don't like it when you protect him!" My heart froze for a second.

"I hate it when you make me feel like he's better than me."