Chapter 51: Afterglow

I lived like an island, punished you with silence
Went off like sirens, just crying
Why'd I have to break what I love so much?
It's on your face, don't walk away

My tears fell the moment I closed the last letter. It took me a while to finish all 365 letters Harry wrote for me.

Harry wrote for me for a year. But I never got them, my mom did not send them because I told her Harry was stalking me and was obsessed with me. I chuckled as I remember how stupid I was before.

These letters were the insides of his heart, his dreams, his thoughts, his pain, his brokenness. It breaks me now knowing that I was the reason he was so broken.

For years I was only focusing on my own pain, on my anger and on the thought that he played me. I failed to see that what we had is real. That what he felt for me was real.

Harry did love me.

Tears rolled down my cheeks once again as I remember him. All these years, I took away his dreams because I was selfish. I took away our plans and his hope.

He dreamed because of me.

He wanted to be better because of me.

He wanted to a future with me.

And he is broken because of me.

I was the antagonist of this story.

For the past seven years all I did was to punish him for that stupid bet. I was so insecure that I always questioned my position in his life. I was so caught up in this bubble inside my head that I was the underdog.

Why was it so hard to believe back then that I was beautiful? That Harry and I were together because he chose me. Why did I have to believe those lies that I didn't deserve him? Why?

It was already in front of me.

He loves me.

All these years, it was me.

Only me.

It was never Kendall or anyone else.

Just me. Taylor Alison Swift.

And all these years, admit it or not. It's always been him.

My mind can deny it all I want, but my heart is screaming only one name. Harry Edward Styles.

My first love.

My great love.

My only love.

The knife that has been stabbed inside my heart for years has finally been removed the moment that I admitted that I am in love with Harry.

I cried when I realized that mom orchestrated all of this. She kept these letter cause she knew one day I will get to read them and I will get to admit and accept that Harry is the one. He's always been the one.

My heart is bursting with so much love for him. The love that I kept buried in my heart for so long is coming out now. Finally. It took me a while. Seven years actually, but I figured it out.