Chapter 48- What Fun

The Phantom landed on the flat dark ground and the door opened. You put on your helmet before you and Ahsoka followed Kanan and Ezra out of the ship and looked around.
"I don't see any ship," Ezra said.
"It's gotta be around here somewhere," Kanan said and turned to Chopper. "Chopper, try to get a fix on its location."
Chopper grunted and you began to walk over to a giant, sharp rock.

"What are these things?" Ezra asked.
"This writing," Ahsoka leaned closer. "It's in the old tongue."
"Can you read it?" You asked her.
"I can try," Ahsoka sighed, crouching down. "It's a very old form, I can only make out a few words."

Ahsoka began to read in a different language as you and Kanan watched her. You didn't notice Ezra reaching out to touch the wall until Ahsoka cried out.
"No! Ezra, don't!"
But it was too late, he touched the wall and it glowed red where he touched it.

The ground began to crack below you as it broke away. You, Ahsoka, Kanan, and Ezra all yelled as you fell through the ground into a dark cavern. You and Ahsoka were able to recover fast and do a landing roll, but Ezra and Kanan fell on the ground.

Ezra got up and looked in the distance.
"What is that?" He asked.
"A Sith temple," Ahsoka answered.
Ezra stared in awe at the giant temple in front of you.

You were all walking through the cavern, in the direction of the temple. The darkness made you want to leave, but you needed to stay to defeat the Inquisitors.
Suddenly there was grunting through the comms.
"Oh, we might fall through the surface?" Ezra rolled his eyes. "Thanks for the warning Chop."
"Any fix on that ship yet?" Kanan asked.
Chopper answered.
"He's picked up the trail," Kanan said to you. "This way."

Kanan led you in the direction of the temple for a bit longer. You all walked in silence until Ezra broke it.
"I bet whatever we're looking for is in that Temple," he said.
"Seems likely," Kanan answered. "Just remember, if there's a ship, we're not alone down here."
"Ahsoka, you said we're here to find knowledge," Ezra said. "What kind of knowledge?"
"The forbidden kind," Ahsoka answered. "To defeat your enemy, you have to understand them."
"No better place to learn about the Sith, I guess," Kanan shrugged.

You looked around as you began to feel a strange sensation through the force, you felt the dark side.
Soon the path opened up and you found scorches on the ground and people that looked like they were fighting were everywhere, but it was only statues.
"The ground looks scorched," Ezra noted. "Woah, Kanan! Look, a lightsaber.  And another."
Ezra activated the lightsaber and it's green blade shined, as two more smaller blades appeared on the sides, but it soon vanished.

Kanan observed one of the people.
"This was a battlefield," he said.
"What happened here?" Ezra asked.
"It looks like at one time, thousands of years ago, Jedi knights attacked the temple," Ahsoka said.
"And the Jedi won, right?" Ezra asked uneasy.
"From what I can tell, nobody won," Ahsoka said.
"I hate to break up this history lesson, but we should keep moving," Kanan said.
"I wouldn't hate to break up a history lesson," you muttered as you followed Kanan down the path again. "I hate history."

"Well if you ask me, this whole planet is a riddle," Ezra said into the silence.
"So if it's a riddle, what's the question?" Kanan asked.
"Why is Kanan such a...Ah! Get down!" Ezra yelled pushing Kanan away and igniting his lightsaber.
It connected with an Inquisitor that was hiding among the people.

You all ignited your lightsabers and faced the Inquisitor.
"Four Jedi?" He asked shocked.
"An Inquisitor!" Ezra said charging at the Inquisitor.
The Inquisitor's lightsaber spun as he jumped away and three explosives zoomed towards you.
"Take cover!" Ahsoka yelled pulling Kanan back.

The explosives hit the ground and you jumped on Ahsoka, shielding her from the blast. The ground rumbled and broke, with Ezra on top as he fell into another cavern.
"Kanan!" He yelled.
"Ezra!" Kanan ran to the gaping hole.
You helped Ahsoka up and followed him as the Inquisitor ran away.
"Ezra can you hear me?" Kanan yelled at Ezra through the hole.
"I'm okay," Ezra groaned.
"He's getting away, let's go!" Ahsoka said running after the Inquisitor and you followed close behind her.

You, Ahsoka and Kanan followed the Inquisitor, but he was fast and had his flying lightsaber, which you thought, looked kinda stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Inquisitor ran through the cavern as you tried to keep up. You used your helmet to see him clearly in the distance whenever he got too far.
"I've never had an Inquisitor run from me before," Kanan said to you and Ahsoka.
"Maybe it's because he's outnumbered," Ahsoka suggested.
"He did seem surprised," you said.
"I don't think he was looking for us," Kanan said.
"Then who is he tracking?" Ahsoka asked stopping.
You and Kanan stopped and faced her. Kanan was deep in thought.

Then, Chopper began to grunt into the comms.
"You found the ship? Where?" Kanan asked the droid.
Chopper answered.
"No, no. Forget it, no time!" Kanan said. "Get over there and find that ship. Do not let him take off! We'll follow your signal."
Chopper grunted.
"No, disobeying me is gonna be dangerous," Kanan responded. "Now get going!"
All three of you ran through the cavern, chasing the Inquisitor back to his ship, hoping that Chopper would get there on time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You followed the Inquisitor over to where his ship sat, and sitting in it was Chopper. You charged at the Inquisitor and fought him lightsaber to lightsaber. He pushed you back with the force and went to finish you off, when a noise behind him made him turn around.

Chopper was flying the ship and he used the guns against the Inquisitor as he shot at him. The Inquisitor blocked the shots but one hit him and he went flying, his lightsaber falling out of his hand.
He reached for the lightsaber, but Ahsoka stepped on it and you three pointed your lightsabers at him.

The Inquisitor looked down in defeat and Kanan looked at Chopper, without removing his lightsaber.
"Chopper, sometimes you do it right," he said.
Chopper grunted happily as you, Ahsoka and Kanan faced the Inquisitor and got him in cuffs and on his knees.

"You're the fourth Inquisitor we've seen," Kanan said. "How many are there?"
"More than enough for the four of you," he said. "Nothing can save you."
"Why are you on Malachor?" You asked.
"Hunting," he answered.
"But you were not expecting us," Ahsoka said. "Who are you after?"
The Inquisitor chuckled. "A shadow," he said.

You wanted to ask him more, but the noise from the temple made you turn away. The top began to open.
"We need to find Ezra," Ahsoka said.
"Get back to the Phantom and get ready to leave," Kanan said to Chopper.
Chopper grunted and flew away as you faced the Inquisitor.
"Come on," Ahsoka said lifting him up. "Let's take a walk."
You and Ahsoka ran behind the Inquisitor, pushing him forward every now and then, while Kanan took the lead.

When you finally reached the temple entrance, you noticed that it was closed.
"He's inside, I know it," Kanan sighed. "But there's not way he lifted that door."
"Not without help," Ahsoka said as you looked at the door.
The Inquisitor began to chuckle to himself and you looked it him.
"What's so funny?" You asked him as Chopper grunted through the comms.
"What is it Chopper?" Kanan asked.
Chopper answered.
"What do you mean we've got company?" Kanan asked.
The Inquisitor was full on laughing now.
"Hey, what are you laughing at?" You asked.

A noise from above made you turn and face the two Inquisitors that were flying towards you.
You ignited your lightsaber and stood next to Ahsoka who had hers out too.
"Well this keeps getting shittier," you said to her.
"Tell me about it," she replied.
Barriss and the other guy landed and you, Ahsoka, and Kanan all got locked into battle with the male Inquisitor while Barriss got behind you. She released her fellow Inquisitor and all three faced you.
"An excellent days hunt," Barriss said.

You raised your lightsaber and looked around, but you were surrounded.
"Eh whatever, I preferred fighting in the Clone Wars anyway," you said charging at Barriss.
"Seriously?" Ahsoka asked fighting the Inquisitor that you formerly captured.
"It was nice to not be a fugitive," you said pushing Barriss back.
Ahsoka pushed away Barriss and the new guy away with her lightsabers as you noticed someone run up to where you were.
"Ezra?" Kanan asked pushing away the male Inquisitor.
"Kanan, Ahsoka, (y/n)! I've brought help," Ezra said stopping and gesturing to a figure behind him.

You looked at him and felt everything drain from your body. You felt your face turn whiter than Ahsoka's lightsabers as you looked at the Dathomiran behind Ezra.
"Maul," Ahsoka said in surprise.
"The Shadow," the Inquisitor said.
Maul opened his mouth and his words felt like knives scraping against Beskar as he laughed.
"What fun,"