Chapter 52: Daylight

I once believed love would be (burnin' red)
But it's golden
Like daylight

Harry's POV

My phone rang again, it's Swift again. Even seeing her name hurts like hell. I turned my phone off. I can't hear her voice today. I just can't.

All this time, I thought I was doing fine. I was almost in a normal state then she had to come back and I went crazy again.

The hope I kept buried in my chest that we might have another chance went up rising again. Just like how it did couple of months ago.

I totally miscalculated the closeness we seemed to have these past few days. Andrea died and she needed a friend, I was the friend but that is all.

Didn't I accept that?

But why does it hurts like hell?

Because of the fucking hope.

Four-letter word that cuts so deep.

What is the other four-letter word that kills?

Fucking love.

After finishing eight cans of beer I still feel sober. Why can't I just fall asleep? Then just wake up when it doesn't fucking hurts anymore.

Everytime I closed my eyes, I see that fucking Jake guy with a diamond ring on his hand asking Swift to marry him.

Yeah. I went to her house. Even after she clearly told me that she wanted sometime alone. I still went there cause I am fucking stubborn. And I couldn't bear hearing her say yes so I left. Went to the convenience store to get some beer and here I am lying on my bed like a complete loser.

How long am I gonna have to stay like this?

Am I ever gonna move on?

Is she ever gonna forgive me?

I buried my face on my pillow as I felt my eyes water. Fuck!

After quite sometime of trying to fall asleep, I decided to just go out, I need more beer if I ever want to sleep tonight.

Getting off the bed, I looked at the digital clock on my nightstand it's ten in the evening. The dealership closed early as I wasn't in the mood. I sent the staff home two hours early. The last thing I want is for them to see me sulk like fucking baby.

Walking out of room, I picked my car keys from the table and my leather jacket from the arm of the chair.

The place is so dark and I like it that way. It hides the pain and the hurt. Fuck! So much drama!

I was about to get inside my car when I glanced at the white old Toyota Venza parked across the road in front of the dealership. Then I saw a beautiful girl wearing a black sweater over a yellow floral dress leaning on the hood of the car.

"Harry."

She called me with her angel-like voice I'd rather not hear at this moment.