It's Time You Respect Me (I)

A shot on Diwali night when Arnav doesn't understand Khushi's point of views regarding parenting and the importance of money and makes fun of her instead.
Requested by @prettybhawana1 and @Mehakshakir

"You're the world's best Dad!" Arav screamed in happiness and hugged Arnav tightly.

Anjali smiled "So our Chote knows how to make kids happy Hmm?"

Arnav looked towards a troubled Khushi and said "Of course Di.. it's not like you can make kids happy only by bringing firecrackers for Diwali." He smiled proudly.

The Raizadas then retired to their respective rooms after celebrating Diwali to its fullest.

____________________________________

Khushi took of her jewellery and placed it on the dressing table when Arnav entered their bedroom.

Arnav "This is actually the best Diwali I had so far. Don't you think?" He removed his watch and placed it on the dressing table "I'm glad Arav is happy."

Khushi faced him "Is this your way of making him happy? Buying him expensive gifts, redecorating his bedroom. What were you even thinking when you decided this amazing plan of yours?" She frowned. "Now he will think that every time when he misbehaves he'll be rewarded with expensive gifts by you." She stood up highly disappointed.

Arnav "So? I will. What's wrong in that."

Khushi "Excuse me? Do you even understand what you're saying? He'll get habituated to receive expensive gifts. He won't be able to know the value of money if you continue to pamper him like this Arnavji."

Arnav "So what? I'm here for him Khushi. He doesn't have to worry about money."

Khushi "What do you mean he doesn't have to worry about money? Just because you're a billionaire you don't want your son to learn the importance of earning money? The value of it? Do you even realise you're already on a mission of spoiling him?" She said exasperated.

Arnav "Khushi I'm just trying to make our son comfortable. Just stop fussing on this matter. You just felt bad that he misbehaved with you. That's alright okay? He's new here he needs to get pampered a little so that he feels home. And you please don't worry about money matters. I know how to handle them and him." He said shaking his head.

Khushi "What do you mean by you can handle money matters? And Arav? I'm his mom too!"

Arnav "Exactly then act like one. You should be the one who should understand his inner turmoil. Instead you just disappointed him today by playing oh so strict mumma. It was supposed to be a happy day for him but he was upset the entire day because you didn't allow him to have those laddoos. How childish can you be Khushi?"

Khushi stared at him blankly "I just politely asked him to wait for the Pooja. He could have had all of them once the Pooja was over. He overreacted and broke a vase. Was this the way to behave with his elders just because he was craving some laddoos? I just asked him to behave. He misbehaved with me. And you think it was my mistake? That I was being childish? He needs to learn manners and etiquettes. If I'm not gonna inculcate those values in him than who will? You? Instead of scolding him you surprised him with presents. Is this how you intend to bring Arav up? He disrespected me!" She said incredulously.