What Comes Next

First picture is by hellozek! Sings to the tune of Do You Wanna Build a SNowman, "I think this chapter overdo! I've started shirking on all my chores! Hang in there fans!" Hope you are still enjoying this story even through the wait! Without further ado I give you the next chappie!

             Danny could not, no refused, to believe what he was hearing. "What, mom, no we can't!" Maddie had anticipated this response from her youngest. "Danny I've thought about this and even talked to your dad about this last night."

The teen felt confused and betrayed as altered his gaze between his ghosthunting parents. How could they do this? 

Frostbite...

Dora...

Wolf ...

Pandora...

Princess Dorthea...

Even annoying Cujo and Dairy King... (Not Box Ghost though, Nope...Nada...Ok maybe a tiny bit).

And  

Clockwork. What would he do without Clockwork? There would be no one there to set him on the right path if he were to mess up.  He was the one who had saved everyone he cared about....and Lancer.

Danny knew the why but sometimes it is hard to separate reason from emotion. He was adamant that this would not happen.

 He was adamant that this would not happen

"Mr and Mrs. F! Your just gonna tear down your own life's work?" Jack and Maddie didn't waver. "My children's lives is worth more than all our work combined! You and Sam are constantly in danger too! All because of this Ghost Portal!!" Jack spoke with a quiet rage, which was directed at himself. All the fighting, all the distance between him and his kids was due to his obsession with ghosts!

"No dad, mom we cannot do this! You've worked too hard! And I have allies in there! Friends! I told you about Clockwork! There are others too!"

"And also others who have tried to kill you! Including your evil older self whom your beloved ally Clockwork has in custody but for how long? " Maddie countered. "I cannot lose you or Jazz Danny! I just can't!"

This was Danny's breaking point. "I trust Clockwork! And I've been doing just fine!! I've dealt with them time and time again! Even before you found out! I know you want to protect me, but I'm not JUST your son anymore! Your portal made me something more and gave me a purpose and something to fight for! If you really want to make up for me almost dying in there then you will leave it alone." The tone was slightly threatening. Danny realized after the fact of what he had said and realized the guilt he must have put them through. He hadn't meant to go that far, but as with most things in the heat of the moment it had just come out. 

He saw his parents demoralized figures and froze. He knew they were trying to atone for the past and he had abused that to win the argument. Did he hold a grudge? Was he more like Vlad than he liked to believe?