-11-

Astraea Grey

I arched a brow as I walked behind Hayden, walking up the steep stone drive-way. My eyes scanned around, there was beer bottles strewn about on the lawn. People in clusters sitting around either making out or doing the occasional talking. There was the occasional drunk dude wondering about on the lawn, slurring out drunk and incompetent words. A couple of people eyed me curiously. Everyone was aware of the fact that I wasn't the one to attend any high school party. No matter my status, I've never attended one, just from the simple fact of not wanting to spend a night out drinking and partying. When I could be in my bed watching movies, and eating. Even writing.

The loud music was hearable even though we were still outside. I coughed as we past a group of teens passing around a blunt in a circle they had formed on the fresh clean cut grass. Seeing as though I was behind him, Hayden grabbed my arm, pulling me closer.

We finally stepped foot into the house. I scrunched my nose up from how hot and sticky the atmosphere felt in the house. The music was thumping so loudly I felt the floor shake. But it also had to do with the cluster of people dancing. I blinked several times, attempting to adjust my eyes to the new found darkness. While others thought to dance, others sought this as a chance to just lounge either on the couches in the living-room or staircase and just talk and drink. Other's were kissing anywhere and everywhere. 

My eyebrows raised at the couple, we were passing in the hall, walking to the kitchen. The boy had the girl pinned against the wall as he pulled her dress up, lifting one of her legs to his shoulder, he lowered his head in-between her legs.

 I returned my gaze back to looking straight ahead. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that they had the confidence to even do that. Wish that could be me though.  We walked into the kitchen, I felt relaxed a little as we walked in, seeing as though there wasn't a lot of people in here. Just a couple of people hanging about drinking and just talking.

"Rae" I looked over at Hayden, who moved where the hard alcohol was sitting. "Do you want this" He gestured towards the drinks. "Or a beer".

"A beer" I gave him a small smile as he opened the beer handing it to me. "So you want to tell me why we're here" I moved closer to him after some random person rub against me. I was telling myself it was because the kitchen was small. But I knew better. I tugged on my dress, hoping to bring it down a little from it's original height.

Hayden shrugged his shoulders, as he poured random drinks into his cup. "I was bored at home." He eyed me suspiciously at my actions, but just brushed it off. "Plus Hazel's gonna be here"

I rolled my eyes. Of course. "Are you stalking her?" I eyed him as I leaned against the counter as I brought the beer bottle between my lips. Hayden watched my actions, locking his eyes with my own. He too brought his red solo cup to his lips, drinking whatever he poured into that cup. Silence downed between us, only music, laughter and talking surrounded us. But sounded so distant as we kept our gazes locked.

After about two seconds, Hayden lowered the cup from his lips, and played with his chain that was hanging around his neck. "Or course not. Who do you think I am, some crazy ex" I eyed him, being totally not convinced of his answer. "Ok I might've heard her talking about it to one of her friends when I was waiting for you after school". 

I nodded my head  and turned my head to look out the window that overlooked the backyard. Teens were in the pool and hanging around a bonfire. "Hayden wanna go outside". I turned my head back to face Hayden, only to see he was gone. "That fucker" I mumbled as I scanned the open layout of the house, trying to see the tall tan doofus.

"Astraea?" I looked at who called my name. It was one of my brothers friends; Rebecca. She was a short girl standing about 5'4, with short purple hair that stopped at her shoulders. Her usual bare face was coated with an unusual amount of makeup, seeing as she was the type to just do her eyebrows. But hey I wasn't the one to judge. She was wearing a white tube top that displayed her left arm that was filled with tattoos. Her midnight purple belly ring and nose piercing dazzled as light from someone's phone lit the entire kitchen for a spit second. "What are you doing here?" She gave me a flirty smile.