I

Karsyn Sekai Miller.20

"Butterfly, lost in the night. Running out of faith but your wings are still bright" - Cleo Sol

Cleo Sol's Butterfly played softly throughout the bathroom as Karsyn laid her head against the edge of the bathtub, tightly clutching her stomach in effort to relieve some of the pain. Biting down on her bottom lip, she fought the urge to scream out in agony, unsure if her brother was home she wanted to stay as quiet as possible so he didn't pop in on her. The constant vibration from her phone caused the music to pause, slowly, she leaned over and grabbed it; Her best friend's name and picture flashed across the screen but she pressed declined once more before sitting the phone down. Sluggishly, she stood up and turned on the shower. Staring at her reflection in the mirror, she burst into tears, the mixture of pain, sadness and regret was enough to get her emotional again. The sound of the water was loud enough to mask her sobs, so she cried until her chest began to ache. Wiping her face, she stripped out of her blood soaked pajama shorts and t shirt before stepping into the steaming shower. The hot water immediately soothed her cramps, watching the blood slide down the drain, she couldn't help but think of how her life would have changed had she not made this decision but it was done now and there was no turning back.

After her shower, she laid in bed with a heating pad on her stomach. Her room was dark and the sound of heavy rain hitting the window filled her ears . Carefully rolling over, she picked up the prescription bottle from her night stand and twisted the top off, pouring two pain pills into the palm of her hand, she popped them into her mouth and drank some water to force them down. Sighing, she laid back down and pulled the blanket over her head. Eventually falling into a deep slumber due to the side effects of the medicine, she slept for a few hours before it started to wear off and she became uncomfortable all over again . Crawling out of bed, she made her way into the bathroom to check herself, the sight of large blood clots caused her to feel nauseous so she quickly finished and washed her hands before leaving back out. Her phone lit up on the bed and she rolled her eyes, picking it up and swiping right to answer the call.

"Hello?" She spoke to her best friend, Genesis .

"'Syn!? Are you ok? I've been worried about you." She genuinely sounded concerned, which made Karsyn feel bad for ignoring her previous calls and messages.

Karsyn held her phone up to her ear and slid on her robe before opening her room door, the rest of the house was quiet which led her to believe that her brother was out for the night.

"I'm fine, I guess." Karsyn lied.

Genesis kissed her teeth. "You don't have to lie to me! I wish I could be there with you." She groaned . "I hate this stupid ass job."

"I'm ok girl, seriously." She opened the refrigerator and grabbed a bowl of fruit, she hadn't eaten all due to lack of appetite so she was about to make herself eat the fruit and she hoped that it wouldn't make her sick.

"Actually, I'm leaving work now because it's fuck this job, you are more important than these dumbass people. I'm coming over, do you want me to bring you anything?" Genesis revealed.

She shook her head at her best friend's antics. "No, I told you I was good." She took small bites from the fruit, chewing and swallowing slowly.

"Oh well. Make sure you're up or just leave the door unlocked for me."

Karsyn scrolled through her missed calls and text messages. "Will do."

"Ok, love you."

"I love you too." Karsyn responded before hanging up.