- 1 0 - COPIED WIZARDS

LORELEI SPLASHED BRIZO WITH A TEASING SMILE

LORELEI SPLASHED BRIZO WITH A TEASING SMILE. Brizo only glared at her.

The pair were swimming the Weasley's pond waiting for one of them to wake up. Every since Lorelei returned home, Amatheia was very happy to have her daughter back in the water. Because of this, Lorelei decided to stay with her mum for now. She would go back to the Burrow before she had to return to Hogwarts.

Every day, however, Lorelei spent some time with the Weasleys who wanted to be around her. She didn't have friends in the water, so her mother allowed her to go up to the surface.

Brizo began to jump around excitedly when someone was coming out of the Burrow. Lorelei turned to see Charlie smirking at her. When he made it to the pond, he sat down after his shoes were kicked off.

"I'm off to Romania today," Charlie said grimly after a moment.

Lorelei frowned. Just turning twelve a month ago, right at the beginning of June, she still had a long way to go before knowing what she would do with her life. Whether or not she would stay in the waters or stay on land was the real question.

"So soon? I wish I could come to see you off," Lorelei said watching Brizo nuzzle his head onto Charlie's neck. Charlie snorted and pushed Brizo off a bit, but once Brizo gave him a look, Charlie allowed the crab to continue.

Charlie shrugged. "That's why I came to see you. Once I'm gone, you'll be in charge of keeping the twins in line."

"Oh, Neptune. That's an impossible task."

Charlie laughed and said he had to leave. Wishing him the best of luck, he gave her a wave and left. Brizo looked deflated at this. She kissed her crab's head. "Come on, Briz. We'll come back later."

The summer passed terribly slow for the mermaid. No matter how much she missed her tail, her legs had started to grow on her. When the last full moon before Hogwarts came, Lorelei knew she had to get out. Shopping for her supplies would come soon, and she was just too excited to go back. She hugged her mother and quickly put on the shirt she always did (she took it from George; he wasn't getting it back) and her own pair of leggings. Only the twins were there to help her get on her feet.

Brizo excitedly jumped onto George's shoulder as the trio made their way back into the Burrow.

Molly Weasley was a lovely woman. Lorelei, when in Gringotts again, decided to discreetly slip money into Molly's purse. She grinned when the woman didn't have a clue where it came from. Fred and George were becoming a right pain in Lorelei's arse with their pranks that all seemed to be directed at her this summer. She hadn't glared so much in her life.

Ron was seemingly more excited as he only had to wait one more year before he joined Hogwarts. He even tried to buy his own supplies making Molly and Arthur laugh at their little boy. Ginny stood close to Lorelei. Ginny looked up to her quite often with things.

Lorelei smiled as she decided to purchase her own broom making Fred and George beg their mother for one. Molly was going to say they didn't have enough, but the gold Lorelei slipped in was just enough. Lorelei felt happiness radiating off the twins making Lorelei feel good about herself.

The night before she had to leave, she decided to take a quick dip in the pond. With her legs, it felt so weird. She enjoyed it anyhow. Amatheia joined her daughter grimacing at her legs.

"I cannot believe I allowed you to have those hideous things."

"Mum!" Lorelei laughed while splashing her mother in the face. Amatheia laughed as well splashing her back. Brizo was caught in the crossfire making him squeak out like he was cursing the two mermaids out. Lorelei floated on her back after a while when the splashing wars calmed down.

"Ooh, look at one of the copied wizards. He seems to be looking for you."

Lorelei snorted. "Copied wizards? Twins, mum."

"I know. I found it funny," Amatheia said shrugging. With a final hug and a threat to behave, Amatheia left back to the nearby sea.

Lorelei smiled at her mother's retreating tail and decided to float a bit more.

George knew his mother would be calling them to bed soon, so he decided to go look for Lorelei. He saw her swimming with her mother, so he was about to leave when Amatheia waved at the boy and left. Lorelei went back to floating on her back making George smirk devilishly.

Sneaking up on her, he slid himself into the water and quickly flipped the girl over causing her to panic. Brizo went flying into the water as well as he was resting on her stomach. Laughing at her struggle, he was about to leave when a force yanked him under the water as well.

He struggled to swim up as she held such a force on him, but suddenly, the force was gone and so was she.

He gasped for air when he surfaced. He looked around angrily for the girl but she was nowhere to be found. Out of nowhere, a force landed on his back making him fall under for a second before he pushed himself up.

"You're a right twit!" George groaned under her weight. She and Brizo were hanging on his back mercilessly. "Get off, you lug!"

"Apologize. You're the right twit!" Lorelei said with a smirk on her lips. George tried to throw her off but she had herself entire body wrapped around him locking her ankles in the front. "No use. Apologize!"

"Sorry, Briz--"

"I meant me!"

George snickered and began to sink lower in the water again to try and push her off. They two battled in the water with Brizo, once again, being caught in the crossfire. George had managed to pull her off, but she only wrapped around him again. The two could've gone all night wrestling in the water if Fred hadn't come out with a demand from Molly to come back in.

Fred snickered when he saw the scene. "Trouble, Georgie?"

"She's mental! Get 'er off me!"

Brizo jumped over to Fred to hide in his hair. Fred laughed some more. "Let's go, Lor. Before mum blows a fuse!"

Lorelei let go of George, but for good measure, she pushed him into the pond once more before quickly leaving him there. Fred, Lorelei, and Brizo ran to the Burrow with George cursing them from behind.

Lorelei never felt happier.